West Coast WA

WideEagle

I live in Washington State. I have been a Rifleman since I was a teenager in Pennsylvania. Hunting Deer and Squirrel on a Vet owned farm by the Delaware River tuned my shooting skills. The Two Brothers allowed target shooting on the farm.

Naval Air was my service.

I am a huge fan of Mark Chanlynn. He made my first 30-338 and it is as accurate as anyone can possibly shoot.

I like the 6X45 and the 300 H&H magnum cartridges.

My long range shooting passion started with High Power Competition. Jim Cloward was my teacher in the early 80's. A darn good one too.

Shooting out to 2,000 yards has been my latest obsession. It is the most challenging shooting I have ever encountered.

Favorite Bullets Berger VLD

My name is Jeffrey H Martin and I am a Pugilist since birth.

Thank you,
Looking forward to contributing, learning. Bear hunting with dogs before the ban here in Washington was a great time we all miss.

Opportunity to hunt Moose, Elk, Mulies, Blacktail, Whitetail, Cougar and Bear here in Washington and Idaho is still pretty good. Getting the licences for Moose, Sheep and Goat is another thing altogether.
Look forward to discussing our hunting trips successful or not.

Jeff

Jeff, I'm in Wenatchee. Have been here about 25 years, after the Marines. We've got a pretty good gun club here with a 600 yard rifle range. http://www.ncwgunclub.com/

Jim Cloward built two of my rifles, a Win Model 70 I bought used from Gary Rasmussen, and also my SWAT rifle, a Rem 700 in 308 Win. Both are really great rifles, though I sold the Win long ago.

Nice to see another shooter from Washington! Mostly I hunt mule deer, black bear, occasionally elk, and quite a bit of upland bird hunting. So many chukar! :)

Regards, Guy

Hey, we have land on Okanogan, Ferry County border with Okanogan National Forest as our back land border. Our shooting is all informal at ranges scross Canyon that are ridiculous.

My Brother in law lived there for many years. He was Vietnam Vet as a forward in Mortars wounded in action. He is no longer with us due to Cancer.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.