Went to the gun show this weekend not.loohing good any time soon!

This is the type of crap that is inflating prices. People panic buying creates a market that allows scalpers to feed on the demand which then creates a vicious circle of language. This guy states the fact that he found powder online and is now trying to scalp it to those in need. Eff him!

Attachments

• Scalpers.jpg
    Scalpers.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the gun show here in GA and it's not going to get better for May be the next four years . There was lots of ammo that was super high .Its funny it depends how popular a round is to how high it is .
Take 338 win mag it was like $45 before this it's about $65 now that's enough increase .Then look at 45 colt it was $25 for 50 now it's $200 for 50 .The regular old 3030 3006 and 270 that was $20 is now $60 a box of 20.Your regular box of 22 bulk pack that was $20 is now $125.
The more popular it is the higher it went .Its crazy and these gun shows and gunbroker are making the prices go shy high .These people have runners that get ammo in stores all over and have bots on their phones to buy out suppliers in 5 seconds some times .Thats why you can't get anything they are hording it and driving up the prices . Dang 9 mm new whole sale for 50 fmj is $99.99 and will be $200 at the store .Guns were crazy too ruger Americans were $600.Ar 15 were $1000 and more .The scary part there were tons of gang members buying tons of ammo and getting their girl friends to buy guns for them . It really hurts us with these prices . There is no way to go dove hunting any more or prarrie dog hunting or target shoot all day long .I bought three things at the gun show only bargins besides a win model 70 458 in perfict shape $950 and a browing eclipse 270 with a boss for $700 .I don't see normal comimg back .I am buying lead a bunch of it to cast bullets to be able to shoot any .I am not shooting up my jackets bullets .One guy there is buying blank 223 to cut down to make 300 black out dangerous it's loaded .I like swap meets between people best that way no high prices would like to see more here this is the best shooting forum I am on .
If you're just now trying to buy guns or ammo, you're left at the station. That train left long ago. The departing train whistle and "all aboard" call was when Obummer first was elected.

The whole reason prices are inflated on powder, primers, brass, cartridges is because people are paying the inflated prices. This gives way to sclapers looking to make high precentage profits. There are sclapers and then people that want to hoard and buy now because they think that the prices and inventory won't get better. The writing was on the wall in the Obama eara with liberals trying to take away our sport. Thats right SPORT. We are not the ones causing mayhem, it is the criminals. If you shoot a lot, be it varmit hunting, competition, or just like to shoot, you should have been stocking up for the past years for the future, which is presnt time. If we all just wait it out and DON'T buy at these prices evently pricds will come down. The scalpers and hoards will be stuck with the products that they but high and wanted to sell higher. The companies making powder, primers, cartridges will continue to push out inventory and there will come a time when there is more inventory than buyers. Prices will come down! It's economics and the "MARKET" will always dictate the price. It is "Supply & Demand". It is almost like the stock market except this is soley being driven by the political enviroment. Believe me there will be a "Crash" in this system and prices/inventory will get back to normal. JUST WAIT IT OUT AND DON'T PAY CRAZY PRICES FROM CRAZY SELLERS. The faster we all wait it out, the faster it will level out. Don't be a lemming and listen to the 'Doom Sayers" thinking that if you don't buy now you will never get it. On anothe note if you have some extra (extra is not a word anymore) powder, primers, brass and have a friend in need that really needs some to hunt or shoot - help them out. We should all stick together. I have recently given away prepped brass, powder, primers, bricks of rim fire to support younger shooters in my area and other States to keep the SPORT going. "Pay It Forward" whenever you can. Someday the favors may come your way!
Semper Fi!

I went to the gun show here in GA and it's not going to get better for May be the next four years . There was lots of ammo that was super high .Its funny it depends how popular a round is to how high it is .
Take 338 win mag it was like $45 before this it's about $65 now that's enough increase .Then look at 45 colt it was $25 for 50 now it's $200 for 50 .The regular old 3030 3006 and 270 that was $20 is now $60 a box of 20.Your regular box of 22 bulk pack that was $20 is now $125.
The more popular it is the higher it went .Its crazy and these gun shows and gunbroker are making the prices go shy high .These people have runners that get ammo in stores all over and have bots on their phones to buy out suppliers in 5 seconds some times .Thats why you can't get anything they are hording it and driving up the prices . Dang 9 mm new whole sale for 50 fmj is $99.99 and will be $200 at the store .Guns were crazy too ruger Americans were $600.Ar 15 were $1000 and more .The scary part there were tons of gang members buying tons of ammo and getting their girl friends to buy guns for them . It really hurts us with these prices . There is no way to go dove hunting any more or prarrie dog hunting or target shoot all day long .I bought three things at the gun show only bargins besides a win model 70 458 in perfict shape $950 and a browing eclipse 270 with a boss for $700 .I don't see normal comimg back .I am buying lead a bunch of it to cast bullets to be able to shoot any .I am not shooting up my jackets bullets .One guy there is buying blank 223 to cut down to make 300 black out dangerous it's loaded .I like swap meets between people best that way no high prices would like to see more here this is the best shooting forum I am on .
Yep these A-holes buy up the ammo and scalp it for outrageous prices! The stores need to watch whos buying and limit them! Same crap as last time!

I just bought .308 Whitetail ammo at Academy Sports in Houston for $22 per box, and they had Winchester .308 FMJ ammo for $18 per box. In Midland, TX,
I bought S&B 9mm 124gr FMJ range ammo for $27 per box, and Hornady Precision Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor 143gr ELD-X for $60 per box. Seems like things are looking up here in Texas.

I just bought .308 Whitetail ammo at Academy Sports in Houston for $22 per box, and they had Winchester .308 FMJ ammo for $18 per box. In Midland, TX,
I bought S&B 9mm 124gr FMJ range ammo for $27 per box, and Hornady Precision Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor 143gr ELD-X for $60 per box. Seems like things are looking up here in Texas.
Same in central Georgia. Academy and bass pro both had ammo on the shelves, yesterday, and it was normal prices.

While I don't find as many good deals anymore, I still find things. I found the exact M1 Carbine I was looking for at the last show I went to. It was also $400 cheaper than I expected.
That's almost a real deal. I got a near new carbine for $45 in 1968.

I know that this is sidelining the Gun Show tread. I have been going to Gun Shows here in GA for along time and it used to be a Saturday or Sunday event for a lot of us. Looking at a lot of mostly used guns (a lot of collectables) and some real good deals. These past two years I stopped going because of the clientele and lack of decent firearms/ammo/powder for sale at decent prices. It seems like everything is going to Black Rifles and semi auto pistols. Don't get me wrong I have those firearms, but also look for some good "Blued Steel" and "Quality Wood". I have some really nice Safe - Queen & Kings in my safe from Gun Shows. I saw in a recent post about all "Gang Bangers" with their compainions purchasing - saw the same thing here. Thats what is giving liberals "Ammunition" to stop Gun Shows. I don't want to step on the 2dn and everyone has the "Right to Bear Arms". Let's do it legal - At least at the Shows - too much Straw going on and sellers look the other way for a quick buck. Going to affect all of us in the long run.
I have been checking out some of the LGS (Pawn Shops) and they told me that they have hired person(s) to just scan the internet all day long looking for powder, primers and purchase as soon as it becomes available. Asked about their prices when the do have availibilty $60-70 lb for powder, $300-350 per thousand primers.They said it is profitable to hire someone for hourly wages and then purchase powder/primers. When you have people dedicated on looking on all the sites with soficated programs to detect when sites have availabilty, well it almost impossile for people that work and try looking for componets. These shops have no problem selling at what ever price they want. Talk about Ahole scalpers! All the major and especially small shops are doing it. I must say again DON'T BUT AT THESE PRICES! It will level out sooner that later. I have had several reloaders, at these shops, tell me that they purchase the powder/primers at these costs because they just pass it along on the cartgidges the make. They tell me that there is no shortage of people wanting to buy reloads from them at high prices because they can'r get loaded ammo. It is ashame.

Yeah, we're all in this together until the prices go up. Then our favorite stores that we've supported for so long get greedy and rip us off. Ammunition Depot, LG Outdoors and others are on my list to never buy from again.

I dont doubt their intentions, I dont like that they hold the power positions. But it's this kind of "sky is falling" talk that's driving the kind of hoarding, high prices, and panic. We've survived these kind of regimes before, we can again. Campaign hard in 2022 and vote them out. Campaign harder in 2024.
I hope you are right. We better campaign hard.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.