Well here it is, the long awaited .260 Terminator

I've not heard of the .260 Terminator?
Wondering if it's similar to my .280 Pasture Poodle Punisher?
I'm not sure but it is almost like a AI 260 but different angled shoulder, but its the +P throat though that really gets it going, adding above 150 fps if calculating right. I should be around 52 gr of RL-26 for a good speed.

I personally have taken numerous elk with my 6.5x308 wild cat ( built 1994 ) & the Barnes 120gr "X" bullet. 22" bbl @ 3004 fps. Have since bought a Savage 260 Rem which has also taken several elk with the Barnes 120gr TSX. Still shooting both. A truly underestimated cartridge. Still shooting both. Perhaps the Terminator 260 is a bit different??
Kinda but a little different I think.

After over a year in the making, here it is from Defensive Edge the .260 terminator. View attachment 219032

Parts list:
Manners EH-1 carbon fiber stock with mini chassis, ( I think) that was the first part.
Lone Peak Fuzion Ti Medium length action,
Hawkins bottom metal medium,
Hells Canyon Summit Contour carbon fiber wrapped barrel 23.5 inch,
Trigger Tech Special trigger,
APA Little Bastard muzzle brake Gen III,
Inflection Design magazine
Glass and piller bed, chambered with +P throat by Defensive Edge.

This was initially designed for the Sherman 7 max being the medium length action but it will be able to push the 6.5 140 gr beyond 3100 I believe with the extra room. The scope is just temporary the vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x will be replaced with the HST 4-16 for hunting. Total weight before optics just over 6 lbs if the scale is to be believed.
I will get the pictures of the groups as they can be loaded.
Nice rig

I'm not sure but it is almost like a AI 260 but different angled shoulder, but its the +P throat though that really gets it going, adding above 150 fps if calculating right. I should be around 52 gr of RL-26 for a good speed.
Dam man, look at the 123 g absolute hammer page going on here if you really want to get things going.

What in the name of Carrie's Corset did you do to that elbow, Pierce? Tell Winchester to get some salve on It and get out there with that rifle, Pronto! And I don't want to hear any More horse-hockey on that Vortex either!

I bought a box of 100 6.5 123 gr Absolute Hammers. Tried to get them to shoot in two different 1.8 twist 6.5's of mine .Could not get hunt-able accuracy. 34 left. Will take $25 prepaid. Thing is I get almost one hole groups out of these same rifles with the 121 gr Hammer Hunter. Go figure.

What in the name of Carrie's Corset did you do to that elbow, Pierce? Tell Winchester to get some salve on It and get out there with that rifle, Pronto! And I don't want to hear any More horse-hockey on that Vortex either!

So what had happened was,,,,I had to burn some brush in an old round bale hay feeder. I was trying to get the last bits raked up to burn and tried to use the pitchfork to tip it on its side. Well it rolled to the side and I lost balance (thanks Multiple Sclerosis) and fell into the side. Both burns can get covered by a quarter, it turned out not to bad, I should be able to get ammo loaded soon. Unfortunately tomorrow is the house appraisal and I am tilling up some field for small crops. Then we have to plant, but by the end of the week I'm hoping to get loaded.

If you get the 156 to try, should be close to what I'm seeing in my .260 AI with a 29" barrel. I ran the 140 VLD up to 3120 or a shade over before I got any ejector marks appear on my case head, still no bolt lift increase, using RL26, my "conservative" load was 3070 fps with the 140, in the middle of a big node. With H4831sc, I maxed out with the same bullet at 3010, first signs of ejector mark, no bolt lift, ran 2930 fps with H4831sc for a while, insanely accurate. Now, I'm running an HBN coated 156 at 2940 fps using 49.0 grains of RL26, first signs of pressure were right at 3000 fps. I was using 51.4 grains with the 140 for 3070. I ran HBN coated 147 eld-m's for a bit, 50.7 grains for 3040, this load was right at or just under max pressure, which was around 3060, but it shot really good there. On a hot day or in a hot chamber, I would see some pressure signs. I didn't like how they did on game, so changed to the 156. Mine also has a short SAAMI spec .260 rem length throat. The 156's are at 3.010" touching the lands, I'm running them with a .060" jump at 2.950" to fit in my AICS dbm. Optimal seating woth the 156 would be about 3.100" or so, that would get the bearing surface at the neck/shoulder junction of the case, if memory serves me. With how far they are seated in the case, for my rifle, a drop tube is needed with rl26, and they are still lightly compressed. They shoot fantastic though. Nice rig, that will be a shooter.

Last edited:
If you get the 156 to try, should be close to what I'm seeing in my .260 AI with a 29" barrel. I ran the 140 VLD up to 3120 or a shade over before I got any ejector marks appear on my case head, still no bolt lift increase, using RL26, my "conservative" load was 3070 fps with the 140, in the middle of a big node. With H4831sc, I maxed out with the same bullet at 3010, first signs of ejector mark, no bolt lift, ran 2930 fps with H4831sc for a while, insanely accurate. Now, I'm running an HBN coated 156 at 2940 fps using 49.0 grains of RL26, first signs of pressure were right at 3000 fps. I was using 51.4 grains with the 140 for 3070. I ran HBN coated 147 eld-m's for a bit, 50.7 grains for 3040, this load was right at or just under max pressure, which was around 3060, but it shot really good there. On a hot day or in a hot chamber, I would see some pressure signs. I didn't like how they did on game, so changed to the 156. Mine also has a short SAAMI spec .260 rem length throat. The 156's are at 3.010" touching the lands, I'm running them with a .060" jump at 2.950" to fit in my AICS dbm. Optimal seating woth the 156 would be about 3.100" or so, that would get the bearing surface at the neck/shoulder junction of the case, if memory serves me. With how far they are seated in the case, for my rifle, a drop tube is needed with rl26, and they are still lightly compressed. They shoot fantastic though. Nice rig, that will be a shooter.

Really good info, thanks. What tube are you using? all i can find is a 10" drop from Sinclair.

Ok cool, I was thinking it was going to have to be a big one like 20+ inches.
Nope, that one works fine, it helps to pour it in slowly as well, give the kernels the ability to settle in together nicely. With your same/very similar capacity but longer spec throat, I expect rl26 will give you great case fill with the 140+ class bullets.

Nope, that one works fine, it helps to pour it in slowly as well, give the kernels the ability to settle in together nicely. With your same/very similar capacity but longer spec throat, I expect rl26 will give you great case fill with the 140+ class bullets.

Awesome thanks, I will try that. I have 200 rounds tumbled, wiped, chamfered, and primed.
I was thinking about using the vibration tumbler to help settle the powder.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.