Welcome to our new members from the Specialty Pistols forum

Ok, read about the type of rest used when hunting and saw some interesting post and pictures. So decided to take a picture of what I came up with that seems to help me. First, I like to hunt from the ground. So it has to light weight and portable.
have a tendency to be somewhat creative. Took a tripod that I had and after trying to shoot from it for a good while and not happy with the results. found a piece of 'treehouse' that i built for the grandkids (instructions, said i needed but found that i did not).
Got adapters to the screw coming from the top of the tripod and mounted the yolk on top to support the weight of the handgun. Placed a small foam pad for the grip to sit. Much better!! Now after destruction of several bags, Duct Tape!! Easy replaced and seems to work fine.
Ok, let the laughter and critics begin.
rest 2.jpg

Ok, read about the type of rest used when hunting and saw some interesting post and pictures. So decided to take a picture of what I came up with that seems to help me. First, I like to hunt from the ground. So it has to light weight and portable.
have a tendency to be somewhat creative. Took a tripod that I had and after trying to shoot from it for a good while and not happy with the results. found a piece of 'treehouse' that i built for the grandkids (instructions, said i needed but found that i did not).
Got adapters to the screw coming from the top of the tripod and mounted the yolk on top to support the weight of the handgun. Placed a small foam pad for the grip to sit. Much better!! Now after destruction of several bags, Duct Tape!! Easy replaced and seems to work fine.
Ok, let the laughter and critics begin.View attachment 430277
What scope are you using on your Ruger Super Blackhawk? I have that pistol with the 10.5 inch barrel with open sights.

Had a Bushnell on it when i got the pistol. Had to put my face way too close to the scope to see. Went kinda cheap UTG pistol scope. Couple of features I liked, one adjustable power think it goes to 7 power. Also, reticle has a couple of colors choices which helps when the sun is going down or no sun at all. Again, hunting from the ground and it gets dark in some of the areas that i hunt.
Being creative had nothing to do with it. I had destroyed a couple of shooting bags with the cylinder blast figured i had to do something.
Ernie warned me about in my introduction post about spending money. So far the urge is holding back although there are lots of new and "better" things and gadgets out there to try.

Jerry

Bob Roach checking in from the Missouri Ozarks.
I have owned Contenders since the late 1980's. Have barrels in 22 Long Rifle, 223 Rem, 6.5x30JDJ, 357 Maximum, and 35 Bullberry.

I also have a couple CVA's one a 357 Maximum rechamber by White and a 50 Muzzle Loader.

I revolver hunt with a Ruger Super RedHawk in 480 Ruger.

On to Hi Power equipment. I had Encores in 223 Rem, 260 Rem, 7.62x54R, and 356 Winchester. They all were moved and I went to Nosler M48's.

I have Nosler M48's in 22 Nosler, and a second in 6.5CM. I plan sooner or later to have one in 308.

My current project is an XP100 Center Grip using a Jim Rockwell JR stock in Nutmeg Laminate. My action is supposed to ship this week from PT&G. It is supposed to be a Remington Custom Shop 40X marked XP100. My faith level in this ending up just as I want it, is a little low at the moment. I hope I am pleasantly surprised when it finally arrives at my FFL. It will be chambered in 22 Long Rifle. The build will be done by Hunts Long Range.

Bob Roach

I've owned many long range pistols over the years, but this my latest. It's a Remington 700 CP in 6.5 Creedmoor. It has a 12.5" barrel and I'm getting decent velocity out of it. I can run the KYL targets at 600 yards without a lot of problems and have taken Whitetail deer out to 375 yards with it so far. Waiting for the weather to get better so I can start shooting again.

Attachments

• 20200402_170838.jpg
    20200402_170838.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • 20200402_170833.jpg
    20200402_170833.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 56
Interesting in that I WAS a member of specialtpistols forum but was blocked because I advertised an XP-100R there and other forums. SP blocked me from logging in under my handle. Does this mean I will be getting the same treatment on LRH? MTG