Welcome to our new members from the Specialty Pistols forum

It's sad to hear sp is shutting down. That was the place from which I started my love affair with handgun hunting. Atleast it's burning desire to try hangun hunting.
I started with revolvers then got 2 TC encores. But it did slow down over there and I migrated over here a bit ago and got the bug for some long range stuff. Good to see sp come over.

I never knew that there was a specialty pistols forum. This forum is the only one that I participate on. I do enjoy hunting with my Contender, and have taken Pronghorn, Whitetails and Mulies with it. I have carried a couple revolvers while deer hunting, but have not gotten in my comfort zone to shoot yet. Revolvers have been a blast on prairie dogs and rock chucks. I always look forward to reading about Ernie's specialty pistol adventures. Welcome new members.

Thanks to Ernie I have a pistol too. 6 creed and 204 barrels.

DE8F3427-22AF-448D-BB29-8DDFC2FD789E.jpeg

Hey guys! It's Bobcat from SP, Thanks Ernie, I haven't quite got the picture thing figured out again since photobucket shut me down but I'll try it again. Hopefully there are a bunch more of us that migrate.
I can help you with the picture posting. You don't need photobucket or similar picture hosting sites to post pics here

I like it. This is a pretty good spot, but does it need its own classifieds? The current classified are pretty busy leaving a Contender part 3 pages down quick!
I don't know if we will get our own classified section, but you could always post here and list the classified link so the SP/Handgun guys could see it

Mike is done dealing with drama, and the activity on the site has been extremely slow for the last year or so. There are a couple of threads talking about, with the longest one being a thread that Mike started himself.
I have been on SP a long time
I always thought his over controlling of the site caused at least part of the drama.
Kinda like graybeard

The "Specialty Pistols" forum is closing down at the end of December, and I know some of those guys will be or have already joined LRH.

WELCOME!

If you are willing, introduce yourselves here, and please share pics and descriptions of the handguns (semi-auto and revolvers) and specialty pistols (whether for hunting or for shooting or for both) you enjoy.
While I don't own any, "Specialty," handguns, depending on what one means by specialty I do own several that are used for target, hunting as well as concealed carry. I am an active rifle and pistol instructor and have several handguns that are used for pistol instruction. Students start out using my firearms, both .22 LR and 9MM until they have an idea of what they like and what they want to buy for themselves. As far as .22 handguns go, Smith & Wesson model 41 (competition) Victory (training and competition) Browning Buckmark (training) Glock 19 X (training) Smith & Wesson model 19 (Training, hunting & Competition) Sig Sauer M17 (training, self defense, competition) Kimber Micro 9 (training and concealed carry) All are shot on a regular basis with the Model 41 occasionally fired out to 50 yards but the Model 19, Sig and Glock regularly fired out to 50 yards and all are quite accurate at that range.