Welcome to our new members from the Specialty Pistols forum

Ok also a somewhat new to posting but the Specialty Pistol got my attention. Had bow hunted for years. Due to shoulder injury out of the question. Too old (read hard headed) to get surgery. So pistol it is for hunting. Currently a Ruger SBH with 10 inch barrel, scoped. Only one deer and a couple of pigs in central Alabama so far. Lot to learn and "things" to acquire. Mentor is an accomplished pistol hunter. So any failure is my own fault. And thanks for this thread.

Jerry

Welcome all you new shooters from Illinois!!
This is what I have : 7mmBR front grip!!

Attachments

• DSC00248.JPG
    DSC00248.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 92
Ok also a somewhat new to posting but the Specialty Pistol got my attention. Had bow hunted for years. Due to shoulder injury out of the question. Too old (read hard headed) to get surgery. So pistol it is for hunting. Currently a Ruger SBH with 10 inch barrel, scoped. Only one deer and a couple of pigs in central Alabama so far. Lot to learn and "things" to acquire. Mentor is an accomplished pistol hunter. So any failure is my own fault. And thanks for this thread.

Jerry
Jerry,
If you have questions, fire away.
We have a lot of experienced people here, who would be glad to answer any questions, and help you spend your money ;)

Hello Ramon here. Coming from SP website. Have several contenders and a bunch of barrels and two CVA pistols. That is mostly what i hunt with anymore for deer,hogs and small game.Do have several rifles if i need them. Sometimes carry a revolver when i use the single shots. Dont usually shoot long range but have a 400 yd range on my place. That's a chip shot for Ernie. Anyway good to be on your site. Have visited here but was not a member. Thanks for the opportunity to be here.

Hello Ramon here. Coming from SP website. Have several contenders and a bunch of barrels and two CVA pistols. That is mostly what i hunt with anymore for deer,hogs and small game.Do have several rifles if i need them. Sometimes carry a revolver when i use the single shots. Dont usually shoot long range but have a 400 yd range on my place. That's a chip shot for Ernie. Anyway good to be on your site. Have visited here but was not a member. Thanks for the opportunity to be here.
Welcome Ramon!
I think it is really cool you have easy access to 400 yards.
What TC barrels do you have?
What are the two CVA's chambered in?

Welcome Ramon!
I think it is really cool you have easy access to 400 yards.
What TC barrels do you have?
What are the two CVA's chambered in?
Hello Ernie I am contender poor. I have 37 pistol barrels and 1 carbine ,all in different calibers.They range from 17HMR to 45-70, 7mm GNR, 309,358,and 375 JDJ, 30 and 357 Herret,6.5x30-30 AI, 30-30 AI, 6mm, 6.5, and 7mm TCU,357 Max.,414,and 445 supermags. The rest are standard contender calibers. The CVA are 243 win. and 6.5 creed. Some people have more but i have enough to play with if i can afford to shoot them. Good to hear from you. Have not been shooting a lot the last two years with supply shortage and prices going uuuuuppp. May as well start shooting some though as i have a supply of most items to load.

Last edited:
Hello Ernie I am contender poor. I have 37 pistol barrels and 1 carbine ,all in different calibers.They range from 17HMR to 45-70, 7mm GNR, 309,358,and 375 JDJ, 30 and 357 Herret,6.5x30-30 AI, 30-30 AI, 6mm, 6.5, and 7mm TCU,357 Max.,414,and 445 supermags. The rest are standard contender calibers. The CVA are 243 win. and 6.5 creed. Some people have more but i have enough to play with if i can afford to shoot them. Good to hear from you. Have not been shooting a lot the last two years with supply shortage and prices going uuuuuppp. May as well start shooting some though as i have a supply of most items to load.
Welcome to the forum ramon. You might have to hire someone to help you shoot all of those contenders. Aim straight and stay safe.

Mjshell, wasn't one of the first with SP didn't join up until 2005. Mostly shoot TCs but anything that goes bang interest me. Article on Don Bower got me started with contenders
Welcome.
When you mentioned Don Bower, it just made me smile. I sure miss him.

Last edited: