Welcome to our new members from the Specialty Pistols forum

While I don't own any, "Specialty," handguns, depending on what one means by specialty I do own several that are used for target, hunting as well as concealed carry. I am an active rifle and pistol instructor and have several handguns that are used for pistol instruction. Students start out using my firearms, both .22 LR and 9MM until they have an idea of what they like and what they want to buy for themselves. As far as .22 handguns go, Smith & Wesson model 41 (competition) Victory (training and competition) Browning Buckmark (training) Glock 19 X (training) Smith & Wesson model 19 (Training, hunting & Competition) Sig Sauer M17 (training, self defense, competition) Kimber Micro 9 (training and concealed carry) All are shot on a regular basis with the Model 41 occasionally fired out to 50 yards but the Model 19, Sig and Glock regularly fired out to 50 yards and all are quite accurate at that range.
Teri,
Thanks for posting.
Len Backus came up with the name for this section of LRH years ago.
This section of LRH, may say "Specialty Handgun Hunting," but as I have said before, it includes all things handguns.
A number of us here hunt with the 357 Magnum as well (Revolver and single-shot specialty pistol).

Feel free to post about anything you have mentioned.

What game have you killed with your S&W Model 19?

My 7-08 Dominator and 22 LR Exemplar are my only "Specialty" hunting rigs. I use a red dot on the Exemplar which is great for head shots out to 50 yards.
View attachment 414000
I'm a pretty well rounded, knowledgeable gun guy, but I have no idea what is going on with your 1911 there 😂🤔🤔🤔

Be curious to know more about it!

RD57 can explain more about his, but the Pachmayr Dominator is an old school specialty pistol that is no longer made.
Both of mine were customized by BCG (Now retired) in 6.5 Creed and 25 Creed.

25 Creed Dominator

25 Creed Dom with 110 AB Leupold 2 and half to 8.jpg

HI, My name is Bruce Painter and I'm from N Georgia. I first started SP's with a TC Contender and found the Specailty pistols site when I bought a barrel from a member there off of another site. Finding Specailty Pistols and seeing Erine's posts and videos along with the other photos of the awsome SP's there began the downward spiral only slowed by limited funds. While I don't have as many SP's as some I have managed to accumulate 2 XP100's (6BR & 25 Creedmoor), 1 XP100R (260 Remington), and a few contender barrels along with the standard pistols and revolvers that came both before and after the SP's. I very rarely shoot rifles anymore. I haven't hunted much in the past 10 years (none for about 8 of those years) but have carried only some form of handgun when I do. No kills for any of the XP's yet and only one with a contender and one with a revolver but for me shooting does and small bucks with a rifle just wasn't fun anymore and at the time the bigger bucks on are property were few and far between.

HI, My name is Bruce Painter and I'm from N Georgia. I first started SP's with a TC Contender and found the Specialty pistols site when I bought a barrel from a member there off of another site. Finding Specialty Pistols and seeing Ernie's posts and videos along with the other photos of the awesome SP's there began the downward spiral only slowed by limited funds. While I don't have as many SP's as some I have managed to accumulate 2 XP100's (6BR & 25 Creedmoor), 1 XP100R (260 Remington), and a few contender barrels along with the standard pistols and revolvers that came both before and after the SP's. I very rarely shoot rifles anymore. I haven't hunted much in the past 10 years (none for about 8 of those years) but have carried only some form of handgun when I do. No kills for any of the XP's yet and only one with a contender and one with a revolver but for me shooting does and small bucks with a rifle just wasn't fun anymore and at the time the bigger bucks on are property were few and far between.
Welcome Bruce.
Post some pictures when you can.
E