Weird trajectory issue

Ok.

If you aren't dead set with h322 try some Benchmark I'm getting great accuracy, 25" 12 twist Douglass. 200 yard group.

I have no issues with the accuracy of my load, it's the odd trajectory that prompted the post. Accuracy is good. I use H322 in 3 different guns so I stock it by the 8lb jug. It does the job so adding Benchmark to an already full powder cabinet doesn't make sense. But I appreciate the suggestion, this powder was second in the list given me by the smith.

A zero at 100 and 200 yds is not ballistic for that round. Here is the drop table for a 225 gr AB @ 2770 fps @ sea level, showing good agreement with your drop at 200 and 300 yds, but definitely not at 100 yds. Impacts at 100 yds should be 1.7-2" below point of aim.

Agreed, but reality trumps projection tables. I did not mention earlier but I had tried shooting the gun at 500 yards based off tables and could not hit the target nor spot impacts short. Makes sense now, I was sailing them over the target by a foot or so.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.