Weird stuff @ the range...

Couple of years ago, working up a varmint load for the 7mm, 100hp, and a ground hog runs out from the side of the range, right in front of the 100yd berm. Stunned silence from a crowded line, then one person opened up on him and then a few more. About 4 shots hit all around him, so he decided to get out of dodge. Ran straight back under the target frames and right up and over the berm. I was watching all this through my scope, and didn't see a single round hit him.

Last week, shooting at the club range, I am testing loads for a 223. Ground hog comes out and right at the edge of my lane. I stopped shooting to ask the range officer if he is going to call a cease fire, to run him off, and he said no. So, I returned to my bench and fired a round down range. The gh was about 3 ft to the left of my line of fire, and feeding like nothing is going on. He looked downrange toward the target at my shot, and then wandered right into my line of fire. I put another one right over his head and he acted like nothing happened. Continued to eat a little, then waddled back to his hole. He was right between the 25 and 50 yd markers. My bullet couldn't have been more than 2 ft over his head. Guess they do get used to it.
Not allowed to shoot them at the range, or he would have went home for dinner.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.