Weird 308 brass

I was about 3 miles out into some pretty steep and rough stuff. I would say that it's a spot not many people would want to go to. I only found one case, I checked the area for more but didn't find any. I will not be reloading this case, i'm gonna hang onto it because to me it's kind of neat.
"I was about 3 miles out into some pretty steep and rough stuff. "

Interesting. Are there any ATV type trails leading there ?

Yup, the put those ribs in the c
Fired from an HK91 or clone. Their roller delayed blowback system with fluted chamber leaves those distinct fluted brass marks. Does not affect reloading ability.
Yup they put those ribs in the chamber to allow the rifle to fire hundreds of rounds without fouling causing feeding issues. I think the MP5 subgun i was issued had the same chamber ribs.

"I was about 3 miles out into some pretty steep and rough stuff. "

Interesting. Are there any ATV type trails leading there ?
None that I'm aware of, but it was only my second time in the area so I could have missed something. I don't see any on my basemap app either. That doesn't mean there aren't any though, I just haven't explored enough to give a definite answer.

None that I'm aware of, but it was only my second time in the area so I could have missed something. I don't see any on my basemap app either. That doesn't mean there aren't any though, I just haven't explored enough to give a definite answer.
Ok, thanks. In the outdoors, most people don't go more than 100-150 yds. from a road. (the exception being such as the gang on this site). I'm just trying to fathom the reason that cartridge was there. Undoubtedly , it was fired from a HK91. My reasoning tells me that HK is the firearm of a serious gunner. There are more convenient places to go to shoot such a weapon.

Ok, thanks. In the outdoors, most people don't go more than 100-150 yds. from a road. (the exception being such as the gang on this site). I'm just trying to fathom the reason that cartridge was there. Undoubtedly , it was fired from a HK91. My reasoning tells me that HK is the firearm of a serious gunner. There are more convenient places to go to shoot such a weapon.
Yea I hear ya it's weird that, if it was fired from a weapon like that, I found it where I did.

Maybe it was some super secret helicopter black ops mission to take out cartel grows that are in the area. Oh boy, I've said too much.......Watch list here I come.

I've got 2 91's. same thing but put a case buffer on and it saves the dent in the side. One thing about he 91's is they definitely leave the gun with authority and are VERY HOT when the come our (Dangerous at both ends of the gun :) . Never had a problem reloading them. I just tumble clean to get rid of all the carbon and dirt, use Dillon spray lube, wait about 5 minutes and go to town reloading.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.