Weekend Decisionā€¦ Power or Speed? šŸ¤”

Neither - power or speed is fine, accuracy is final šŸ˜
Ditto your remark regarding speed and accuracy. After reading most of these posts I'm beginning to think actual hunters are a big minority here despite this being a site for long range hunting. I still believe shoot for food and pelts as testing can be done with water bottles, melons saving the life of an animal. Farmers would have you shoot everything that eats grass and knocks down fences but I only take what I can use. I have built top rifles that look like **** but shoot benchrest accuracy so being a bit one sided I like to look after the animals as well and treat with respect.

A center neck shot with .17 hmr or wsm will drop a hog where it stands.
For example... a 150lb pig .. 4"+/- behind the ear at center depth of neck will kill the pig. Whether your shooting .17, ..22 mag, 223, .270 etc...

I'd have to agree on the .17ā€¦ I'm interested as well.. I shot a mountain hog straight on in the head with a 17hmr bt.. took it like a champ as I'm guessing the bullet skipped off the frontal skull plate.. buddy of mine killed the same hog 3 weeks later.
Could be worse...coulda' knocked him out and had him wake up on the front rack of the 4 wheeler while driving back to camp. :oops:

22 hornet behind the ear. But only if you insist on overkill! Otherwise a 22mag with a 45gr hp is more than sufficient if the trigger puller functions properly. Accuracy is top priority. That head on shot is your worst option, ask kay0404

Attachments

• KIMG0138.JPG
    KIMG0138.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 55
Cling wrap rocks around 10 lbs of tannerite about 3 ft above bait pile.
No more hogs and nothing more in the ground than what came out of it.

22 hornet behind the ear. But only if you insist on overkill! Otherwise a 22mag with a 45gr hp is more than sufficient if the trigger puller functions properly. Accuracy is top priority. That head on shot is your worst option, ask kay0404
Yep, bad, BAD ideaā€¦ young and dumb.. lol

Cling wrap rocks around 10 lbs of tannerite about 3 ft above bait pile.
No more hogs and nothing more in the ground than what came out of it.
I seriously hope you are kidding.

Not only is that unethical but HIGHLY ILLEGAL if you get caught. Killing animals not just game animals with an improvised bomb over a baited area is a good way to have Mr green jeans knocking on your door and have every firearm in your possession seized. Not to mention its not hunting.

I knew some "citidiots" in college who had the exact same plan.....except they video'd it on an iphone3. They filled 2 freon bottles full of tanerite and touched them off over 17 feral hogs....on private property....in central Texas then did 17 months in jail. They can not get a hunting license of any kind in this state now. They spent thousands of dollars getting both of their trucks back out of impound. Never got their guns back. And spent another 45k each not to have a felony on their record. They got caught by sending the video to another buddy across state who posted it on the then new public version of Facebook circa 2005ish. The guy who posted the video had ALL of the firearms seized from the house he lived in which just happened to be his parents home at the time....so yeah his dad's guns got seized for about 3 months also. Oh and their hunting licenses were revoked pending the investigation. Guy who posted the video rolled on the other 2 so his daddy could get his guns back. He didn't get charged with any crime because he wasn't physically involved but they missed an entire deer season. Which really sucks when you are paying 10k a year for a lease.

Shoot all feral hogs....just do it legally.

Yes guess I should have added a winky face.

I seriously hope you are kidding.

Not only is that unethical but HIGHLY ILLEGAL if you get caught. Killing animals not just game animals with an improvised bomb over a baited area is a good way to have Mr green jeans knocking on your door and have every firearm in your possession seized. Not to mention its not hunting.

I knew some "citidiots" in college who had the exact same plan.....except they video'd it on an iphone3. They filled 2 freon bottles full of tanerite and touched them off over 17 feral hogs....on private property....in central Texas then did 17 months in jail. They can not get a hunting license of any kind in this state now. They spent thousands of dollars getting both of their trucks back out of impound. Never got their guns back. And spent another 45k each not to have a felony on their record. They got caught by sending the video to another buddy across state who posted it on the then new public version of Facebook circa 2005ish. The guy who posted the video had ALL of the firearms seized from the house he lived in which just happened to be his parents home at the time....so yeah his dad's guns got seized for about 3 months also. Oh and their hunting licenses were revoked pending the investigation. Guy who posted the video rolled on the other 2 so his daddy could get his guns back. He didn't get charged with any crime because he wasn't physically involved but they missed an entire deer season. Which really sucks when you are paying 10k a year for a lease.

Shoot all feral hogs....just do it legally.