Weekend Decision… Power or Speed? 🤔

Kay0404

I’d have to agree on the .17… I’m interested as well.. I shot a mountain hog straight on in the head with a 17hmr bt.. took it like a champ as I’m guessing the bullet skipped off the frontal skull plate.. buddy of mine killed the same hog 3 weeks later.

jessej

LRH Team Member
I have a load for a 17Cal
18gr @ 5040 FPS… 🤔
Tempting… 🤣
CF33806F-9946-4BD9-8799-3E1DA38CD4CB.jpeg

Hatrick

I’d have to agree on the .17… I’m interested as well.. I shot a mountain hog straight on in the head with a 17hmr bt.. took it like a champ as I’m guessing the bullet skipped off the frontal skull plate.. buddy of mine killed the same hog 3 weeks later.
I did the same thing first time hog hunting. Only with a 45! Killed it 1 week later with the part and soft spot on head. Federal hollow points.
Tom

Northkill

LRH Team Member
I have a load for a 17Cal
18gr @ 5040 FPS… 🤔
Tempting… 🤣
It's ok to yield to temptation on this one. No crime will be committed except for having too much fun and I'm not along. 😜 But we'll cancel that if you share with us the vids and the details. 👍 So, now that the tool of hog-fate is settled, all we need yet is the "when". Tonight?

257X50

Karamojo Bell didn’t list the ones that were wounded and escaped! But, he did lay down a ton of Ele with his 6.5x55. O’Connor used a 270 for almost everything and nobody gives that round much thought anymore.

I have shot Cape Buffalo with 416 Rem, 460 Wby and 470 NE. The 460 Wby was the only one that gave me difficulty on one buff hit well. Go figure. I know people who have shot a semi-load of African dangerous game with a 308, so, kind of makes you wonder why we punish ourselves w the big bores.
I meant the 6.5x54 in the MS carbine he used till he couldn’t get good ammo.
Just reread his book.

DarryH

Haven’t seen hogs since January…
Guess they’re back!
Now to decide if I wanna smack ‘em with Power or Speed?

View attachment 384069
with proper shop placement and appropriate bullets, np difference, It has been proven that hydrostatic shock is a real killer on these, so that gives the edge to speed and a proper expanding bullet.

Recent Posts