Weekend Decisionā€¦ Power or Speed? šŸ¤”

The more stuff you shoot, the more you realize that it doesn't matter, unless it's something that really requires a lot of killin (Elephant, Lion, Nilgai etc)

But, I totally get the debate, power vs speed.

Personally, I'm into big subsonic bullets lately.

I have been using the 240's (and 190's) in my mod seven 300 blk for many years on the ranch to shoot pigs. I have racked up a couple dozen pigs w those two.

Just got a 45-70, a Hybrid 45 can and bought a few hundred 410 grain Sub-X. Found 14 gr of Unique puts me right on 1050 fps and it's quiet!

Have not exercised the 410's on pigs yet.

Can. Not. Wait!

Last edited:
Butterbean - then it doesn't matter because I have yet to meet an animal that can tell the difference between 5 grains of bullet weaght and 400 fps for shots that are at feeder distances.

Last edited:
I agree - speed and power are important, but they are second to accuracy. You can all the speed and power in the world, but if you can't hit the hog, then you are wasting ammo.

Butterbean - then it doesn't matter because I have yet to meet an animal that can tell the difference between 5 grains of bullet weaght and 400 fps for shots that are at feeder distances.
When you do an autopsy and track the wound channel and hear everything inside them slosh like a bowl of soup you will be able to tell the difference