Weaver v24 milldot or Bushnell 4200 6-24 Milldot

rice

Hello, I am the new owner of a rem 700 VS .308 and I am looking at new scopes. I have a Farrell 20 moa base in the mail but not quite sure what to put on top. I have really been looking at the Burris sig 6-24 plex and the nikon 6-20 plex, these have been my top 2 choices, but i have now seen the v24 milldot and bushnell miildot and the prices look great. My question is how do the first compare, and how do the second? and finaly how do they all compare. These scopes have been selected from word of mouth and price--I will be using for mostly paper punching, some critters, and a pretend tac rifle. Thanks

I hate to say it but do not get teh Weaver V24 with the mil-dot reticle.

Quality wise it is a great scope in everyway, but the mil-dot reticle used by Weaver inthis model, at these the one I just ordered in for a customer looked like 2x4's in the view with tennis balls for mil-dots.

The thing was way to heavy for any precise work. You will not be happy with this scope used for long range shooting, do not get one. Like I said quality is great, the reticle sucks to be blunt.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I have owned the Nikon and use the Bushnell 4200 6X24 w/mildots. I love both. excellent optically and mechanically.

The Nikon has more internal adjustment but a smaller field of view.

For the money, the Bushnell 4200 are very hard to beat. The mil dots are correct and look very nice and round.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.