Weaver Tactical Rings

6.5x300

Anyone have an oppinion on Weaver's new 30mm tactical rings. As soon as I pick out a scope for my edge I will need some rings too. Figured I would get the Burris XTR rings but curious if anyone has seen or used these Weaver mounts?

Weaver Mounts - Tactical

I actually just got some of these. I don't have the gun they go on yet, so I haven't mounted them but they look great. I am going to lap them because I have a lapping kit so I forsee no problems with them. Mine are the 30mm version. Just waiting for my rifle to get done at Stockade. I also was going to go the Burris route but they seem the same and these are cheaper :D I can't imagine them not holding a scope in place.

Thanks,

I thought they looked pretty good as well though I have not seen them up close. Now all I have to do is get a scope to mount them on.

Let us know how they work out and how much lapping was required.

I was thinking of the Burris XT ringsd also, but looking at the weavers I cant see how they could be any diffrent.
What are you boys mounting them on for bases? I cant seem to find a cost effective picittiny/weaver rail.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.