Weaver Rail to Picatinny Rail - Is there an Adapter?

Full Curl

This might be a bit of an odd question but I have an older TenPoint crossbow that has a factory standard rail mounted on it for a scope. I just got a new digital scope (Sightmark) that comes standard with a one-piece mounting base attached to the scope body. Instructions say it'll fit any Picatinny Rail. Problem is the rail on the crossbow must not be a Picatinny Rail because the slots will not line up with the bolts on the scope. I tried to show it in the photo. I'm thinking the rail on the crossbow is a Weaver Rail (or similar) and that's why the scope won't fit.

Do they make an adapter that I can mount to the current crossbow rail to convert it to a Picatinny Rail? I have been searching online for the last hour and there's all sorts of options but I have no idea what specific one will work best. I see a lot of Dovetail to Picatinny Rail adapters but I don't know if one of those will work or not?? Here's an example...

I'd like something of quality and not junk. Any ideas?? Please feel free to post specific links to anything that would work. Thanks for the help!!

Attachments

• frr.jpg
    frr.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 192
Dovetails would typically be narrower than the current rail and I'm not sure if a Dovetail to Picatinny Rail adapter would open wide enough to fit/slide over the current rail...??

Is the rail on the crossbow removable? Looks like it has holes where mounting screws would go?

If it's removable, see if there's a pic rail available for the make and model of your bow?

That UTG rail should work but it will mount the scope higher. Could affect you cheek weld. If the cross slots are just slightly off and you don't mind grinding on your bow, you could open one of the slots enough to drop it in with a file or dremel. Alternatively you could replace the base on the scope. I'd call sightmark tech support on Monday, I bet they've seen this before and they may have the fix.

Is the rail on the crossbow removable? Looks like it has holes where mounting screws would go?

If it's removable, see if there's a pic rail available for the make and model of your bow?
Yes, it's removable but no, TenPoint does not make a replacement pic rail. Wish they did!! And it's angled so a flat firearm pic rail won't work.

That UTG rail should work but it will mount the scope higher. Could affect you cheek weld. If the cross slots are just slightly off and you don't mind grinding on your bow, you could open one of the slots enough to drop it in with a file or dremel. Alternatively you could replace the base on the scope. I'd call sightmark tech support on Monday, I bet they've seen this before and they may have the fix.
As far as I can tell the rail on the bow is a 22mm weaver or 3/8" dovetail so I don't think that UTG will work. It says its for 9-11mm Airgun/Shotgun Dovetail Rails so that would be too narrow.

I don't mind grinding but it's not just slightly off so I would be taking some good material out if I go that route.

I'm going to call Sightmark and TenPoint tomorrow and see if they can help.

I'm really surprised there isn't a very common adapter that's readily available for this... at least I haven't found it yet.

Any other ideas?

Could buy flat bottom pic rail then drill, tap and screw down over top of your existing rail. I did this once to adapt a BE Meyers IZLID 200P IR weapons aiming laser onto a long range thermal night vision scope.

Attachments

• B9DFB571-AD0E-43CF-9869-A5FF217C6728.jpeg
    B9DFB571-AD0E-43CF-9869-A5FF217C6728.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 80
3/8" is approximately, 9.6mm. So the UTG base will fit your dovetail. However, the spacing of the slots on the pic rail may not match up with your Sightmark mount.

Could buy flat bottom pic rail then drill, tap and screw down over top of your existing rail. I did this once to adapt a BE Meyers IZLID 200P IR weapons aiming laser onto a long range thermal night vision scope.
That is an option but I'm trying to find a solution that wouldn't involve modifications like this. But if it comes to it, I'll be doing something like this or just grinding off some of the metal to make the notch wider to fit the scope. Thanks for the idea!

3/8" is approximately, 9.6mm. So the UTG base will fit your dovetail. However, the spacing of the slots on the pic rail may not match up with your Sightmark mount.
I'll have to measure the TenPoint rail to see. I don't even know where to measure it, at its widest point? If the slots on the UTG adapter are in fact standard pic rail spacing, sightmark said it'll fit.