Weaver/ Picatinny Ruger M77 Mount???

evans1010

The course of my project changed a bit but I have a 6.5CM Ruger M77 Predator on the way along with a standard fill McMillan Game Scout to drop it in to. I know there is the Weigand base that mounts to the Ruger rail as well as the option of drill and tapping for one of many bases on the market. Any opinions on the better option or other choices that I'm missing? The reason for the question is probably a bit illogical but I have a strong preference for rings that mount this way and I already have the 30mm rings I will need as well.

The Weigand working loose is my fear but I have no first hand experience, that said it is simpler than getting it drilled.

Gun will be used for informal LR steel, deer, and maybe the occasional PRS match that I have no intention of performing well in. If it matters the scope will be a 4.5-27 Athlon Midas BTR.

Thanks,
Nick

Last edited:
The course of my project changed a bit but I have a 6.5CM Ruger M77 Predator on the way along with a standard fill McMillan Game Scout to drop it in to. I know there is the Weigand base that mounts to the Ruger rail as well as the option of drill and tapping for one of many bases on the market. Any opinions on the better option or other choices that I'm missing? The reason for the question is probably a bit illogical but I have a strong preference for rings that mount this way and I already have the 30mm rings I will need as well.

The Weigand working loose is my fear but I have no first hand experience, that said it is simpler than getting it drilled.

Gun will be used for informal LR steel, deer, and maybe the occasional PRS match that I have no intention of performing well in. If it matters the scope will be a 4.5-27 Athlon Midas BTR.

Thanks,
Nick

Drilled and tap is best. I have been monitoring the weigh-a-tinny for a while now hoping they'll make one rated for .338 Win Mag.

I have a Ruger-to-Weaver adapter on my .338 Win Mag for a few years now it is holding up without any problem thus far ... but I really would prefer a better picatinny rail on it.

I think I would try the weigh-a-tinny on mine since the fastening system seems to be similar as the adapter ... and if all fails, have it drilled and tapped. :D

Good luck!

Ed

Attachments

• P2210382.JPG
    P2210382.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 259
I'm in the same boat.. just had my old m77 re barreled with a 280AI. I hate ruger pinch rings. I had a weig-a-tinny ceracote to match rifle with out seeing it and its super tall. Not sure I like it. 20200328_203247.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.