Weaver long range scopes

Kenai river

Anyone had any experience with Weaver tactical or extreme rifle scopes??? How is the glass, tracking warranty etc....??

Unapologetically AMERICANgun)

Not too many answers, apparently.

I can tell you this -- my dad's rifle, that dates to 1949, still has a Weaver K6 on it, and it's still bright and accurate. Let's hope the current models are as well put together.

I ran a 3-15 Weaver tactical on a 308 that I had.The scope performed flawlessly. I havnt tried one on anything bigger. The glass was clear and the turrets were nice but I do think they were a bit over priced.Theres a lot of good glass out there when your concidering paying $800-$1000.

I have several Nitrex TR-2's(Weaver Super Slams). They track well, glass is good. No problems.

I'm running a 4-20 Weaver Tactical and it tracks great, glass is real good. These generally go for $850.00 and are worth every penny.

I have 2 of the out of production Weaver 4.5-14x44 tactical. I'd have more if I could find them.

Not a better scope out there in that category.

I've been told, by the Weaver rep, that the new tacticals are an improvement.

The only thing disliked on the old tactical is the Mil reticle and 1/8 Minute turrets.

Plus less than 300 bucks will getcha one, if you can find it.....

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.