Weaver Grand slam 4.5-14x40AO

memyselfni

Hey guys
I have a weaver grand slam 4.5-14 on a tikka t3 .270 wsm with a harris ul bipod, i am hoping somebody could tell me the distance from the centrail crosshair of the duplex reticle to the tip of the thick post, so that i can use this for holdover. Also, what are the click adjustments like, would you use them for clicking up at up to 500 yards? are they accurate and repeatable?

hope you can help

I know that Eaglet has been using the Grand Slams on a couple of his rifles. I don't know that he has ever measured the length of the duplex, but I do know that he clicks them and shoots them past 1000 yards. That is, until he got a smokin deal on a Nightforce.

Hopefully he will chime in soon. He usually patrols my posts so he can call me a jerk or something.:)

just get a bit of paper with a 1" grid at stick it at 100 yards and measure the reticle dimensions in MOA

because it's SFP the measurements will only be correct at that magnification though

I know that Eaglet has been using the Grand Slams on a couple of his rifles. I don't know that he has ever measured the length of the duplex, but I do know that he clicks them and shoots them past 1000 yards. That is, until he got a smokin deal on a Nightforce.

Hopefully he will chime in soon. He usually patrols my posts so he can call me a jerk or something.:)

Why would I mistreat my buddy? :confused: Aside from not giving me water you'd do anything for me! You're my pal... ;)

Hey guys
I have a weaver grand slam 4.5-14 on a tikka t3 .270 wsm with a harris ul bipod, i am hoping somebody could tell me the distance from the centrail crosshair of the duplex reticle to the tip of the thick post, so that i can use this for holdover. Also, what are the click adjustments like, would you use them for clicking up at up to 500 yards? are they accurate and repeatable?

hope you can help

I have two Weaver Grand Slams. They click in MOA and the turret clicking are extremely accurate, more so than most people know. Using a total of 20 MOA Burris scope ring inserts, my back then 15? y/o son was killing rocks with my 300 RUM at 1385 yards or so. I have been using them for many years and I... There is one thing I dislike about them, the numbers on the turrets will erase with usage specially if you have fat fingers like I do; the good news is that you can get them from Weaver freely or low price depending on who you talk to.
Good Luck!

I have been using the Grand Slams for several years also and I find they track real well and the clarity is excellent.

Rem700LHCloseupBolt_Robarrefinished_reduced.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.