Weaver custom rifles or Montour custom rifles

Flip a coin there both Excellent there isn't anything wrong with a blueprinted 700 ,it's the Driver hint...as for barrels flip that coin again ,heck you just can't loose , top tier all the way ,now caliber is known .284 , for my money that 7/300 Winchester is gonna be Dam hard to beat ,regards enjoy your BUILDjjmp

I thank you all for the thoughts. Now the question is vortex scope, huskamaw scope or bushnell elite 6500 scope.. all would have custom turrets

Forgot to say my great Friend has 3Weaver Rifle customs built ,a300Dakota ,6.5Creedmore,&708rem, all on Blue printed left hand 700remingtons ,all 3have BRux bbls ,& bell n Carlson target stocks & their tack drivers!!! In my Excitment of choices for Your 1st Custom build I forgot to WELCOME you aboard our Forum great to have you here Please forgive my ramblings this is exciting & I forget myself . I read till I can't see and still read more it's an idiction lol....bac on track mr Montour posts a lot on this forum and his Knowledge of whatever subject is Ausome ,his advice is always kind n true,and he'll take the time to explain it so we get it!!! That's why I say flip that coin their both Ausome Gsmiths,rethinking and rereading your post id say 7WSM ,Broughton bbl #5 couture 26 bbl stock your choice ,Giggle,giggle, yours of course trigger your call ,scope now we have a problem Huston can I add with Respect Nightforce scopes to the list??? Ok thks you know this is hard thinking for you but thks again ,think brass ,can't run without it , Quality n Quanity ...it's not that I don't agree with your scope choices " you just left one BIGGiE out" ....there I go again thinking again ✌️ Regards jjmp

Iam not gonna bash any sponsor. Had kevin built me two rifles one 338. One 6cm. The 6cm is great . Long story about 338. Think i would go weaver.

I have had 3 rifles built (20 Practical, 7mm-08 and long range .284) and a barrel replaced on my 55 year old .243 (completely shot out after all these years) by Kevin Weaver at Weaver Rifles. He is replacing a barrel now on my 40 year old .300 Win Mag that never shot well to begin with. All of the guns he has dealt with for me come back shooting like a champ. Just yesterday in 40 degree weather, I tested my Tikka 7mm-08 (Tikka T3 LH .243 with a 7mm-08 Lilja barrel and action trued up) with 3 loads (all different bullets, different powders and 2 different cases. All 3 loads shot groups well under 1MOA and probably would be better if I had better than 16X scope at 100 yards. I think this gun (my main deer rifle) will shoot rocks if I could figure out how to load them. See picture attached. I am a decent shot but not sniper class by any means. Kevin builds a really good rifle (he tests them extensively before he send out) and you will get your build approximately when he says he will deliver (this is a big deal to me for hunt planning purposes). I have never met him but took a chance because I read a magazine article where he built a .20 Practical from a Tikka so I had him build me one for PD's and it shoots hole in hole. Great guy to deal with (although I have only talked to him and his wife on the phone). Kevin built my first custom rifle and he will probably build my last.

Attachments

• Target 1-13-18.jpg
    Target 1-13-18.jpg
    632.2 KB · Views: 123
Good day to all. I am finally in the market of a custom rifle. I have looked at and read allot of reviews on custom gun makers. I have narrowed down to weaver custom rifles and Montour custom rifles to talk to about this build. Both seem to have top notch reviews and high rated customer reviews. In everyone thought and not trying to start anything by any means. Which would be a go to first. I'm wanting a 7mm weatherby built or 7mm wsm. I have already got a 7mm remington I'm just wanting something a little different. My shooting will not be past 800yds. My average being 20yds-500yds but I do hunt some bean fields. My bullet of choice is the 160gr speer btsp, 160gr sierra gameking btsp, or the 150gr gameking sierra btsp. I'm not going to hunting moose or anything just whitetail deer and some feral hogs, also some mule deer and antelope. My barrel I'm wanting to use is a Broughton barrel set at 27". Action I'm wanting to use is a defiance rebel or remington blue printed action with m16 style extractor. I'm wanting to use a mcmillan game scout edge stock. My scope will he a vortex. Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

I know it's not by the builder you specified, but Jon Beanland does not build an inaccurate rifle, and this one might fit the bill and save you some coin...

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/beanland-custom-7wsm-1-750.6913546/#post-7461055

Have a Kevin Weaver built rifle. It's a 300 rum built on a 1999 action. Has a 25 inch #2 contour pac nor barrel plus a muzzle break, with a high tech stock. Feel the fit and finish of the rifle is very nice. Mr. Weaver was extremely nice to deal with. Very pleasant answered emails very fast, always had time to talk to me before and after the sale. Will admit that I don't have the rifle shooting as well as I'd like, but not blaming anyone but my self as I have done very little load development, mostly just been doing the break. But if you want a nice rifle from a very nice guy, you can't go wrong with Mr. Weaver.
My experience with Kevin Weaver and his wife are great. Very proud of the rifles he built for me. They shoot fantastic. 1/2 MOA and better. He and his wife are excellent to work with. Each build was less than 6 months. They stayed in contact and are very organized. He'll make you happy for sure. He built me a 30 Nosler ,270WSM and a 243 Win exactly the way I wanted them. I'll for sure have him build my next custom

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.