Weaver 4-16X Plex Reticle Subtension

sscoyote

Anybody know what it is at 16X crosshair to plex post tip? I'm considering getting it installed in mine that has a fine x-hair now, but want to know if it has the right MOA to use for practical field applications to 5 or 600 yds. in specialty handguns for 10 mph reference (3-6MOA). Cost is only about $60. Anybody got any idea if the turret adjustments r repeatable?? It's the std. V series so it doesn't have the Micro-Trac system, and can't be installed.

I just checked the Weaver catalog myself, and i think there's a couple typos in it. It says the plex reticle post tip to post tip is 18.3" @ 4x , and .48" @ 16X. But there's a couple other typos in the catalog, so i'm gonna assume the .48 is supposed to be 4.8. That gives 2.3 MOA either side of vertical axis, which will work to some extent.

OK-- just found my "05 catalog, and looks like they fixed most of the typos at 1st glance. Now the V16 plex subtensions r 18", and 4.48-- which gives 2.1 MOA either side @ 16X. I may just send it to TK Lee, and have him put in 2 dots @ 3, and 6 MOA. Darn shame some of these optics companies don't set up their plex reticles for dual purpose use. 4 MOA subtensions would be just about perfect.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.