Weatherby's new 6.5 RPM cartridge

If it were me, I would just get a 6.5-06 AI barrel and forget about all the brass problems with Hornady.
Brass snobs always make me laugh with stuff like this is there better Gucci brass? Sure there is, but for the average reloader hornady and norma brass works just great.
I shoot hornady brass in 270wby and 6.5-257 wby and can get 6-7 firings before I lose them to loose primer pockets. I'm glad they're on board, its inexpensive and hornady supply system is outstanding.

Weatherby jumped into an already over populated 6.5 market. I truly believe this cartridge would have taken off if it had been made as a fast twist .25 caliber, as we have no hot 6.25mm other than the WSSM. Am I off the mark here, or would have others jumped on it like I would? Heck, a 6.8 WBY RPM would have been better than yet another 6.5.

Weatherby jumped into an already over populated 6.5 market. I truly believe this cartridge would have taken off if it had been made as a fast twist .25 caliber, as we have no hot 6.25mm other than the WSSM. Am I off the mark here, or would have others jumped on it like I would? Heck, a 6.8 WBY RPM would have been better than yet another 6.5.
They targeted the long range hunting market so 6.5 was the best way to go. There isnt enough long range 257 or 277 cal bullets on the market for a company to chamber rifles in one of those. 6.5 however has so many options that its pretty much a no brainer for them.

if people would learn to load brass where it is happy not where they think it should happy they would find out the newer Hornady brass is not that bad
Not so true. I load based on the accuracy node provided from a certain rifle/barrel combination. I can most times get that node with most brand brass and still maintain brass life except for Hornady. Two maybe three firings and primer pockets are too loose to hold a primer.

I've never had issues with hornady. My 7mm rem mag right now has 6 firings on it and when I used to use it in my creed I'd get about 8 firings, and these are max loads in my rifles.

Hornady brass isn't nearly as bad as online experts say it is...90% of guys wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and Lapua.

I mean, isn't the Creedmoor and the PRC the most popular cartridges around? I'm pretty sure most Hornady ammo uses Hornady brass...

I have shot some very tiny groups with small es with Hornady brass. It is not my favorite but it works. Plus it allows people to shoot dinosaurs on mars form earth in the Creedmoor, and both PRCs so it must be ok. LOL!

if people would learn to load brass where it is happy not where they think it should happy they would find out the newer Hornady brass is not that bad

WHAAAAAT? The Creedmoor can't push 140s 3200 fps?

Not so true. I load based on the accuracy node provided from a certain rifle/barrel combination. I can most times get that node with most brand brass and still maintain brass life except for Hornady. Two maybe three firings and primer pockets are too loose to hold a primer.
all brass has a yield strength if your only getting 2-3 loads you went past it and the brass aint happy. use a lower node not all brass will achieve the same velocity.

In my opinion this cartridge is maximizing the the .473 bolt face and the waaaaaay outdated 3.4" mag box. I do think it will be awesome for the intended purpose. If the 4.9 lb rifle will shoot well from field positions it will be a winner. The problem I have had in the past is rifles this light are just too difficult to shoot well when your setup is not perfect and it never is in the field. This is one of the very under valued advantages of the carbon barrels. They allow much larger brakes and make shooting from field positions much easier.

I have shot some very tiny groups with small es with Hornady brass. It is not my favorite but it works. Plus it allows people to shoot dinosaurs on mars form earth in the Creedmoor, and both PRCs so it must be ok. LOL!

WHAAAAAT? The Creedmoor can't push 140s 3200 fps?
it only gets there on a Pro Crony