Weatherby Vanguard trigger

Bmccart

Just picked up an older Weatherby Vanguard in 270 wby. I like the rifle a lot but the trigger is absolutely terrible. I was wondering if the older series 1 vanguards and the newer series 2 take the same triggers? Was looking at a timney and they only list them for a vanguard, no difference between s1 and s2.

Thanks for any help or any other recommendations for a better trigger setup.

my wife has a 243 vanguard 2005ish vintage. we put a timney trigger on it and its great. best part....... now its a 3 position saftey! I believe this was the older style vanguard like you have.

Yes, the Timney trigger for the Vanguard will work well. I have a few Timneys and one Rifle Basix, and prefer the Timney.

B, the Timney in your Vanguard will be like night and day. If you order directly from Timney, you can specify the pull weight. I'm 10-15 minutes away from the Timney plant, order in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon. These triggers are very easy to install, just follow the instructions. I don't know if TriggerTech makes a Vanguard trigger, but I like them as well.

Thanks for the info! Will be ordering one tomorrow. Gonna order a trigger, a new vortex and set of loading dies and I'll be set

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.