Weatherby vanguard submoa work?

blipelt

I have a 300wsm submoa and was wondering if anyone has done some work to one of them. The stock has pillars but the barrel isn't freefloated. Has anyone tried freefloating them and bedding with any success? I want a little more accuracy for my light carry rifle. It has a 1:10 twist so some pet loads would be helpful also.

Brent

Brent

I would try a full contact bedding job first without removing the tip pressure.

Some times they shoot even worse if tip pressure is removed, especially with lighter
barrels.

After bedding try it and if it did'nt improve then remove the tip pressure.(You can
allways add it back.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
I would recommend removing the pressure point first to float the barrel before fully bedding...

It is a lot easier to add a pessure point than remove the full length bedding compound if this does not help accuracy at all...

I would even consider bedding the action and removing the pressure point. The sub moais not that light of a barrel anways... Typically your ultra light contour barrels only sometimes benefit froma pressure point.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.