• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Weatherby Vanguard in 270 Win with Bell & Carlson stock

Dr. Vette

Weatherby Vanguard in .270 Win, 24 inch barrel, gloss finish
Stock upgraded to Bell & Carlson in tan with black web.
Trigger honed and pull adjusted.
Scope bases already installed.

3+ boxes of Winchester 270 ammunition also available.

For sale is a nearly new Weatherby Vanguard. This rifle was purchased and had less than 2 boxes of ammo shot through it (37 based on the empty shells). The owner then decided to upgrade the stock to a Bell & Carlson in tan with black, just like the Sub-MOA rifles. When he did this he also had the recoil lug and a portion of the barrel bedded. The gunsmith also tuned the trigger at that time.

Immediately upon receiving the rifle back from his gunsmith the owner traded it to me for a rifle of mine that he wanted. So, I offer this one now for sale. Being only a few months old the bluing is like new and I really can't find any faults with it other than a couple of tiny surface scratches; maybe from the zipper on a case? The stock is brand new and looks it; I do not think it has been shot while this stock was mounted. Think of this as a Sub-MOA Weatherby Vanguard without the Sub-MOA price.

I will sell the rifle with its original stock ALONE for $350 or with the original stock AND the Bell & Carlson for $600. He had over $850 into this rifle ($400 rifle + 250 stock + 200 gunsmithing). If you wish we can discuss the 2+ boxes of ammo and the once fired brass that he also shipped me.

I do not have use for a 270 at this time and that is the only reason I offer it for sale.

Will ship to the lower 47 for $25; payment in USPS postal money order.

Send me PMs if you have questions.

Photo album:
Vanguard 270 pictures from hobbies & interests photos on webshots

Last edited:
Will sell as:

$400 shipped with original stock

$575 shipped with Bell & Carlson stock (the one that was bedded)

$625 shipped with both original and Bell & Carlson stocks

Let me know!

Still available!

This is a beautiful rifle if you like Vanguards. I would keep it if I had a need for it, but I have others that are similar so I might as well sell it and let someone else enjoy it.

If you have any questions, concerns or offers please feel free to contact me.