Weatherby Vanguard Free Float the Forearm ?

What stock?

If you're talking about the factory plastic stock, you can get some improvement but it's hardly worth the effort.

If it's a B&C stock or similar then I bed and free float every time.

Dr. Vette is right. I have the Vanguard with the plastic stock. I tried to bed and free float it, I did but it was for nothing. No matter what I did, I would loosen the front action screw and get movement. It needed pillar bedded, but instead of trying to put lipstick on a pig. I just ordered a Boyd's ProVarmint and pillar and action bedded the stock. It was already free floated but I relieved more in the barrel channel for piece of mind.

Ps. You have to remove a bunch of stock (plastic original) to get it free floated, it looks like crap when it's done....
Also, the rear pillar has to be skinny or it will bust thru the wood on a ProVarmint. Don't ask me how I know.....

Iron Worker, I have a Vanguard which came with the Tupperware stock, it went in the recycle bin as soon as I got it home. Now has a B&C Medalist bedded which shoots very well. Got a freebie for Cryogenics International so the barrel was treated and a Timney trigger. Still spent less than my MK V's. Have an inlaw retired from Ironworkers Local 75 in Phx. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.