weatherby vanguard at wallmart for 299

Loud by design

anyone ever pick up a weatherby vangaurd at walmart. i was wondering around the loacal sporting goods section the otherday and saw a weatherby vanguard in 7mm rem mag on sale for 299. i really dont need any more guns but at that low of a price im really debating it. also does anyone know if there are any differences in the vanguard line up from walmart. btw this was the synthetic stocked blued barrel bottom of the line but i figured it would still hold their 1 moa guarante

The Vanguard's I have seen are made by Howa,(Japan). I have a S&W 1500 made for them by Howa in the 25/06 cal. very accurate and nicely finished. You have found a great bargain.

Don

The Vangaurd is a great action. Great price. Buy it, restock it with an inexpensive laminate from Boyds, and you've got a great rifle for a great price.

Thanks everyone. I went to a few local gunshops and besides their price being higher which is expected the owners were both terrible businessmen. One was changing prices on guns in front of customers marking each on 50-75 dollars up for no reason except that he wanted to make some more money off this gun craze. And the other I tried to buy 3 boxes of 7.62 x 39 off him which were all marked at 7.99 and he rings me up for $47 and change when I ask him what the deal is he says sorry there $15 a box now and gives me an attitude for questioning it.

So I went back to Wally world and brought home a brand new weatherby for $318 out the door after col in and tax. Also I took a look at the 3 shot group the rifle put up at the factory and if it shoots like that it might be staying the way that it is. Looks like about a 1/4 inch group.

Humm...sounds like a real deal. Is this the first version of the Vanguard not the current S2? I'd bet they're trying to move those out if it is, as they can't be ordered anymore. Either way, you have a shooter, no doubt. What city/state are you in? Haven't seen the Vanguards in my area walmarts for a while, but haven't been looking in walmart much lately either.

Thanks.

I was told it was the second by the manager but after doing some research and looking at pics it's the first version. And I'm in ft myers/Naples fl. Not a whole lot of long range stuff Down here except when we shoot the hogs on the cow pastures.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts