Weatherby Vanguard 300 WBY Mag Box

Bmccart

Just wondering if anybody has ever lengthened the mag box on a Vanguard before to allow loading longer bullets? My rifle is a new Vanguard First Lite in 300 WBY, im currently loading 185 bergers with 85 gr of H1000 in remington brass and to get them to fit in the mag its compressing the load. I am wanting to try out the 215 hybrids, but im worried about them being too long, i do have some weatherby brass i can try. But i was wondering if i could lengthen the mag box to allow me to load them out further and closer to the lands. I dont remember exactly how far off the lands they are when theyre short enough to fit in the mag but it is pretty significant, they are a little longer than the recommended COAL but i think i could get a little more accuracy out of it if i could get them closer to the lands. And i dont want to have to single feed them hunting.

I installed pt&g bottom metal and use an axis mag to get 3.62" or something like that can't remember off the top of my head. Either way it's not enough for 215gr bullets and a 300wby

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.