• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Weatherby Vanguard .257 FS/Trade

poprivit

Be the first one on your block to homogenize ground squirrels, chucks, chipmunks and other such dangerous game at ranges past 500 yards. Great for animals up to 140 lb. Also, Roy Weatherby is purported to having taken a Cape Buffalo with one. (Accompanied by a PH with a .470.)

Weatherby Vanguard .257 Weatherby Magnum. Synthetic stock, 24 inch bbl. No scope. It pushes a 100-gr. bullet at 3500 fps. An 87-gr. will touch 4,000 fps. Fired 48 times. With my 67-yr-old eyes, I put five into 1.1 inch at 100 yds.

Why, you ask, am I selling it? well, it's complicated, but involves an appointment in South Africa up around the Limpopo in 2013 with a (hopefully) large spotted fur piece with teeth and claws. I've asked on this site about caliber for leopard. Both my .416 and .257 weren't quite right, so there's a new Vanguard in 300 Weatherby Mag en route.

I'll take $425; but will throw in 6-70 rounds of Weatherby ammo in various bullet weights for $450 total - plus shipping.
Loads are 87-gr. Spire Point; 100-gr. Spitzer & Spire Point and 100-gr. Triple Shock.

Also, will trade for scope with illuminated reticle.

Attachments

• DSC 24Z.jpg
    DSC 24Z.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 14

Recent Posts