weatherby vangaurd II

Are they worth owning? Seen a couple around for a decent price and wondered if there any good.

I have two relatively new ones in traditional mag calibers (non-Roy). So far so good, but still in process of breaking in. I like the new synthetic stocks.I like the monte carlo shape. Others may not. The inserts feel secure, and the forend is a more modern look.
One (a 300 WM) is in stainless, the other, a 7 RM is blued. Thus far I am using Federal factory ammo.
Both are topped with Vortex HS optics on an EGW 20MOA pic base. I will report back with any glitches. Price seemed right. Basically Howa actions. Trigger was 3.0+ measured out of box, which is where I left them. Initially slightly less than moa group but was not really looking to group just yet....long intervals between shots for breaking in. The stainless hardly heated up at all.
A.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.