Weatherby-style stocks

forester22

What are your thoughts on Weatherby-style stocks for hunting rifles (something like this)? Some people say they help alleviate recoil, others say the opposite. What has been your experience? They fit well and feel comfortable when I hold them up to my shoulder in the store, but I'd like to know what your thoughts are.

personally I like them. ive had them on 3006, 300 win mag and 300 wtby rifles. for an all around hunting rifle a mkv or vanguard with a sleek weatherby stock is very nice. I don't think recoil is any worse than any other in that weight rifle range.

If you are looking for one, I have one for sale (factory walnut) that I took off a Mark V. Shows handling marks but that's it. I bought the rifle for a donor. Let me know if you're interested.

I like them. Only have two non- montecarlo stocked rifles. Five Weatherbys, one with HS Precision, three with Bell & Carlson, one factory walnut and a older vintage factory custom deluxe walnut in a box I got in a trade I am saving to put on a future rifle. Don't see any difference in recoil, just like the classic Wby style.

Last edited:
I like them a lot. The recoil from my 270 wby is minimal (seems to kick the barrel upwards instead of back). My dad's Browning 270 win kicks harder, more straight back.

I have a plain black one if you're looking (off Mark V 300wby) . Has spacers in the recoil pad but they should be able to be removed. Cheap.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.