Weatherby Mark V

Nighthawk

I guess I will direct this to Darryl since he has probably experimented with this the most. I have wanted to put a custom barrel and a new stock on my Weatherby Mark V Accumark .30-378 for a few weeks. I wanted to get rid of the factory barrel. I e-mailed McMillan and they said an A-4 Tactile Stock wouldn't work on this action so I'm wondering what kind of action would be good for this caliber with a 1" diameter barrel from Kreiger? How about the Custom G-Hall (I think that is it anyway)?
Thanks for any input, and all your guys' help so far

Nighthawk,
I can not help out with your questions but I would be interested in taking that nasty old factory barrel off of your hands if you do go ahead with the custom rebarrel.
Thanks,
HPA

Mac Millan Mac HALE stock is more broad than the A4 this stock is very well made design for for long range shooting and be able to be order with option as
front rail for sling or bipod
adj spacer or 2 or 3 way buut pad
graphite option
I am closely sure that Receiver Weatherby fit the stock in ADL inleting ( blind floorplate )this inletting give you more rigid stock and more accurate rifle.

Mac Halle can accept 1.5 barrel channel .

an other way is to use the regular 50 stock look as a bigger Mac Hale I have one of my 1000 yards rifle on 50 BMJ stock with a steel block barrel bedding and that work fine .

as barrel maker I use PAC NOR ( Oregon ) they are able to do any caliber up to 20 mm and barrel dia up to 2 inch in 40 inch lenght .

Do you plan to stay in 30.378 or swicht for a better caliber ?

good shooting

DAN TEC

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.