Weatherby Mark V. Why no love?

If I ever get another .257 Wby, it will be a Rem 700 CDL SF Limited Edition in .257 Wby. Even though alot of people have had bad luck some of the factory Remington rifles, I seem to have had excellent luck with all the factory ones I have bought new. And a real knack for figuring out loads for them that make them shoot sub-MOA with minimal (if any) work.

I've had three Weatherby's and all shot great still have a 257 Mark V. Weatherby is just as prone to produce a lemon now and then as any and all other manufacturers. Stuff happens.

I have um, some Weatherbys. 3 Vanguards, more than that in Mark Vs and a 6 lug.

4, maybe more R700s.

I would trade my R700s for Weatherbys and will some day soon.

I would guess that if it can be done to a R700 it can be done to a Mark V.

I've not heard of anyone who is doing it to a 700. Chad Dixon cuts 700's to 1.085" x 16 when truing. That is the biggest I've heard about.

I've not heard of anyone who is doing it to a 700. Chad Dixon cuts 700's to 1.085" x 16 when truing. That is the biggest I've heard about.
I have to be honest, I don't see the reason to open up the tenon to 1 1/8 vs 1 1/16.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.