Weatherby Mark V weathermark LT or Weatherby MarkV ultralight

E73bass

I have a chance to get a new (discontinued old stock) Mark V ultralight in 300 Wby at same price as the recently released Mark V Sheridan built WeatherMark LT which I had planned to purchase this spring for my fall Elk Hunt.
Any one here have any recommendations on either rifle? Will stay with the 300 Wby as I have a ton of it and this rifle will be a replacement for my 33 year old heavy MarkV deluxe. I just like the caliber.
Just looking for input as my main reason for getting another is to go lighter.
Have a heavy Burris USA Sig Series that will stay on the Wooden Classic and going to a lighter more updated scope also. Different thread.
Just looking for any input on the 2 above mentioned Mark 5's ?

How old is the Ultralight? Colors?

I really like the Weathermark LT, and have handled a few of them at the Weatherby showroom. It's probably the model that Dad and I would buy if we were going to buy one today...though we don't need another.

We also own a few Ultralights. The ones made most recently will probably have a better barrel and the sub-moa accuracy guarantee Weatherby now offers. I've gotten our older ones to shoot sub-moa too, but they can be a bit more picky. You would most definitely want a muzzle brake if you're getting an Ultralight.

The Ultrais a light gray with black webbing and black fluted barrel with accubrake on the 300 mag.
Info I found was that the accubrake is standard in the ultra lightweight on the 300 mag and 6.5-300 mag.
Also says the weight is only 6.75 on the 300 mag. I cannot find the actual weight on the weathermark LT 9 lug .
Anyone know?

I had my heart all set on buying the Sheridan built Weathermark LT 300 Wby mag.
But when I layed my eyes on the black fluted barrel with brake... wow!
Would like to know weight difference and shouting capabilities and if the lighter weight will be felt vs my old woody mark v deluxe. Price is within $20 of each other.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.