Weatherby Mark V Accumark 300 win mag

Capone

I just purchased a Weatherby Mark V Accumark in 300 win mag. This is my first bolt action rifle ever. Other than a 30-30 level action, that I bought when I was 16, 3 M-4s, a bunch of handguns, and a bow, I have finally ventured into long range shooting/hunting. With that a learning curve and tons of questions. For optics I have choosen Nightforce NXS 3-15x50MM. I am leaning towards Near Manufacuting mounts and rail.

My question: If I go with this setup, is there space on the rail for a level and/or angle cosine indicator or some alternative.

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll start buying more rifles. So back to the question at hand.

First, let me welcome you to LRH.

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'll start buying more rifles. So back to the question at hand.

Not a bad choice for your first shot at long range rifle and caliber.
Burn me if you want but there are a lot of good reasons to have a 300 win mag, including long range thin-skinned game. Just ask the Army. :D

If you can find a M4 style (picatinney) scope base rail for this and all of your future rifles, you will be able to swap scopes back and forth as the spirit moves you. :cool: This works for me. Your level and angle cosine will be easy to mount also. Some of these mount to the scope not the rail, but it's nice to have choices.

I don't use a 20 moa base. These are for dedicated 1000 yard rigs, unless that's what your building. My Burris has enough vertical adjustment to go past 500 which is where I am in my skills now.

Wind will be your biggest challenge, so put a half sheet plywood at 500 yards and start hammering it. :D

Enjoy

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.