Weatherby lasermark

reggart

I inherited a mid 80s 300wby lasermark from my father. I have worked up a load using 180gr accubonds that are 5/8" groups. I like the gun but I live in Northern Idaho and a blue barreled wood gun is not very practical. I am considering getting it cerakoted and putting a new stock on it. The wood stock finish has a lot of checking. Anyone got any recommendations? Should I just keep it in the safe as a momento gun?

You could sell it to me as I collect Lazermarks and buy a stainless synthetic rifle that your climate would not bother.

I say use the gun the way it is. Not so many years ago wood stocked blued rifles is all people hunted with. Back then you learned how to rub oil on all metal parts and be a little more careful with how you banged your gun around. One thing you could do though is take the shiny finish off the stock and just oil it. There is less glare off the stock and dings are easier to fix.

I inherited a mid 80s 300wby lasermark from my father. I have worked up a load using 180gr accubonds that are 5/8" groups. I like the gun but I live in Northern Idaho and a blue barreled wood gun is not very practical. I am considering getting it cerakoted and putting a new stock on it. The wood stock finish has a lot of checking. Anyone got any recommendations? Should I just keep it in the safe as a momento gun?

How about a picture that I can drool over? I'd use it as is.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.