Weatherby Gunsmithing?

Kobra

I recently spotted a used Weatherby Mark V in 270 Weatherby Mag and the cartridge has always intriqued me so I am considering buying it.

However I really like the look and feel of the Accumark and SBM, however at the same dealer they are about $1100 new. So I figure a new barrel (heavier/fluted which I prefer) and a Bell & Carlson stock and I would think I have made my own Accumark for about $400 or so less......unless I am missing something.

Anyone see in problems with this plan? I know a good riflesmith so I have that angle covered. I assume he will have to get a reamer for a new barrel, but is there any other special equipment or machine work to assembling a Weatherby rifle versus a Winchester or Remington? Excuse my lack of knowledge I am a dreamer not a riflesmith.

Thanks for any info.

The problem is solved....someone bought the rifle. So much for my theory of Weatherby cartridges being "too different" for this area. I guess there is more out there than just 30-06's and 270 Win's

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts