Weatherby brass & ammo @ Midway

Natty Bumpo

Got the big Midway USA catalog the other day (Master Catalog #34). Was looking through it and noticed the following (don't know if this is a typo or not):

.257 Weatherby brass, on page 412, is available from Weatherby or Norma for $37.49 or $36.99 per 20. In the ammunition section, on page 55, you can get loaded ammo for .257 weatherby with the 100 grain Norma SPT bullet. It costs $35.99 per 20.

When I got my Mark V in 2004, brass ran around $20 per 20. I knew the price had gone up a lot, but apparently the brass price has outrun the ammo price!

Its not a typo, its a good way to get brass if you dont like your barrel, or is a good 20 rounds to break in your barrel, thats all the norma spitzers are good for there bcs are total crap.

Bought some Weatherby brass recently (was cheaper to buy it by 50 rather than buy Weatherby ammo with Norma bullets). I was going to buy the Norma brass, since it was a buck cheaper than Weatherby, and Norma makes Weatherby's brass anyway. Then I noticed Nosler brass for .257 Wby. Thought I'd read someone posting on this site a while back that they thought Nosler's brass was made by Norma. So I decided to save a few more bucks and buy Nosler .257 Wby brass. Can anybody confirm if this is made by Norma?

No it is made by Olin (winchester) and will not handle the 70-75k psi pressure that norma loads to, it will destroy the primer pockets.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.