weatherby b & c medalist stock

Spedray

Wanting to change out the decelerator buttpad for a limbsaver, but can't find and screw holes to take it off. Any tricks? Does anyone know what size limbsaver to replace with? Or should I just try a universal slip on or grind to fit pad?

I have one of the B and C stocks for my Weatherby. My recoil pad has screw holes. I have seen them glued on with older aftermarket stocks. There is only one way to fix that. With a trim knife and a drill bit.

If you don't care about salvaging the one that is on there, then start cutting it off. The only problem you may run into is finding the screws once you start.

I've read that sticking the stock in a freezer for a while, then smacking the recoil pad with a mallet can cause the glue to part while it's frozen.

Ray, once you remove the old pad take it to a store that has a good selection and ask the salesman to help you match it against a new pad. Good luck

You should be able to find the screw holes. Just poke it with a philips screwdriver until you find them.

Most are glued on. Cut the rubber part off with a sharp knife. Then use a heat gun or blow dryer to warm up the plastic part till the glue softens and pull it off.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts