Weatherby Accumark Project

I was wondering what it would take to convert my 300 Wby to a 300 Norma, 300 RUM or 338 Edge?

Regards,
Todd

One of the smiths here can advise better, but since I have done few I will tell ya what I know. Mark V's are easy to convert. My .338 Lapua is off a mark V. They will feed fat scases well with little or no mods. Bolt stop slot can be lengtheded with a simple mill cut. Mag boxes are available from Wby in different lengths. So to answer your question they are pretty easily modified. I would not go from a 300 wby to a 300 rum as they arepretty close to the same now. And if it were me I would go Lapua over the Edge. Well, ya, I guess I did.:rolleyes:

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

What about the Norma Mags? I'm very interested in the 300 or the 338 Norma. How hard is it to open up the bolt-face?

Todd

Last edited:
It's time to rebarrel so I thought I would try something else. I have read a lot of good things about Norma Mags. I wonder if the Berger 230's will be a decent hunting bullet?

Since you have already been running a 300 mag I would definitely go to a .338 either the Lapua or Edge, 338 Ultra would do very well for you too. The .338's are tremendous rounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.