Weatherby 6.5 RPM?

Is your capacity 90ish or is it closer to the 80ish this case seems to show? I like running reloder from a results standpoint but it no matter which I've used is a grubby dirty powder. Is that the case with 33 also?
Thanks in advance

I'm loading I think 88. and 87.3gr . Unfortunately it really likes to run them very hot. I was printing .2's at 3412 running 140's putting them literally all into one hole.

I can double check my loads if you like.

It will run the 123gr Peregrine VLR5 prototypes I've got at speeds I won't even mention here because nobody would believe it. I think I was running 91.5gr behind them.

Recently I started having some pressure issues so I cleaned the snot out of it removing all the carbon and it seems to no longer be an issue.

In my experience anytime you exceed 3250 you're in territory where carbon buildup causing dangerous pressures can happen very quickly.

I'm terrible about keeping them clean, usually only cleaning once a year but I think in the future with my high velocity monsters I'll try to keep a round count and never again exceed fifty rounds between complete cleanings.

I sold my 6.5x300 wby last year so Ive been without a 6.5mm cartridge for a bit. The 6.5RPM should fit the bill just fine. My local gun store has one backcountry ti in 6.5 rpm on order, So its got my name on it when it gets here, Should be a great ultralight sheep rifle /cartridge combo.

Right now Im thinking of a nightforce nsx 2.5-10x42, but it would be nice to use a scope that's lighter then 20 ounces

WBY was never interested in the mass market, they have always aimed for the high end niche market largely targeting the very wealthy international hunter market.
Was never, but looks like they are indeed going after other markets as well.
I saw a very nice CM they are making today, the Creed is counter to Wea. rounds & they are making more affordable ammo now as well for the not so elite.
They are quite aggressive since they have left Taxafornia.
Going after those markets will have zero ill effects for those traditional Wea. products.
Good for them

999D609F-DF7C-4065-8BA9-59CBA6CFFF53.jpeg
A2661CDB-620D-4048-B7E0-FB43A99BDC8C.jpeg
F12F673C-CEA4-46C3-B720-31B3A9869196.jpeg
7F2C07B9-9430-496E-B340-CCBEDFEF5A68.jpeg
Just picked up my Carbonmark Elite tonight. 6.5 RPM!

I can't build a rifle for what I bought this for & I know it's a Howa but can't buy a Howa with a fluted threaded barrel with a under 1 MOA accuracy guarantee for $459/shipped. I had included my dealers $10 so I was $10 high. Look on the website & if I remember 153 5 star reviews without the SI exclusive threaded/fluted barrel. Folks are getting great accuracy for under $500. As far as weight it's cheaper for me or my pack to lose 3#s as my rifle. I have 6.5 CMs but in this case go big or go home. 6.5x300!

Why I'm not impressed with the Weatherby 6.5 RPM:
1.requires a long action
2.not a lot faster than the shorter 6.5 PRC
3.uses quite a bit of powder compared to shorter but fast 6.5 cartridges
4.ammo will be difficult to find - and spendy

Eric B.

Just picked up the Weatherby 6.5-300 Accuguard fluted/theaded & love it! Very smooth & you can feel the quality. How can you buy a rifle this nice for under $500? I couldn't be happier.

Recent Posts