Weatherby 6.5 RPM?

Maybe, but look how long the Creedmoor was out until is actually became "popular"...like 10 years.

The RPM won't ever be Creed popular but I bet it'll surpass the SAUM/Gap4s and the PRC and the 26 Nosler.
no way it surpasses the 6.5PRC. Only out a year and every manufacturer already makes a rifle for it. Couple that with Hornady's marketing and you can bet it stays. That is my point. Weatherby lost out, regardless if it is the better cartridge. Hornady is marketing it perfect...the "big brother" to the 6.5cm. I bet every 6.5cm owner buys one. I know I did and so has every one of the people I know who own a creed and it has only been out for a year. Just my two cents.

My prediction is the 6.5RPM will be a niche cartridge. People who want a firebreather will go with the 26 Nosler, with a few going to the 6.5-300. People who want a cartridge the suites their needs with moderate recoil will go with the 6.5CM or 6.5PRC.

no way it surpasses the 6.5PRC. Only out a year and every manufacturer already makes a rifle for it. Couple that with Hornady's marketing and you can bet it stays. That is my point. Weatherby lost out, regardless if it is the better cartridge. Hornady is marketing it perfect...the "big brother" to the 6.5cm. I bet every 6.5cm owner buys one. I know I did and so has every one of the people I know who own a creed and it has only been out for a year. Just my two cents.

Do you really believe that Weatherby is trying to market to the masses? Weatherby knows their market and the RPM is geared towards that market.

Sure they will- took a year before the 6.5-300 hit the vanguard.
When did Weatherby make a commercialized 6.5/300? I was shooting a wildcat version way back in the mid '60s and I hated not having factory ammo for it. But I loved the ballistics too much not to, until I got a Rem 40X - 30/378 with a 32" Heavy BBL and a 2" Super Target Spot! I loved that gun until I was in the Army and could not afford to re-barrel it!

What I do when I buy weatherby rifles for what it's worth-($.001)
Buy 3 boxes of the cheapo spire points and 7 boxes of brass. 200 pieces of brass belongs to that rifle and gets me to roughly 1100-1200 fired rounds which suits those calibers just dandy. I suppose the rpm should get better case life though so perhaps increased mileage.
I think you are just a bit out on your ear! $.001 for any rifle? That is an obscene thought. I've given $200.00 for rusty wall hangers, just because I thought they were neat when most, if not all, of my friends thought it was crapola!
Next time you get a Weatherby that shoots for under $200, sell it to me and I'll give you $400!

The older I get the more I appreciate light and light-recoiling rifles. I've found they will do everything I need to do out to 600-700 yards and then some. My 6.5-06AI pushes a 130g Scirocco II to 3162fps and it remains supersonic to 1200 yards. Very low recoil but a heavy/fluted barrel. Clay pigeons on the 600-yard berm don't stand a chance. (Well, that's not true - maximum hit rates are 80%.) Same rifle will push a 140g BT to 3075fps with only 43g powder. Love it.

Have a 7mm RM Savage action that needs rebarrel and I'm thinking .264WM, which will mimic the 6.5-06AI with a bit t spare. Already rejected thoughts of the 26 and 28 Nosler due to barrel life and powder consumption.
What powder(s) do you use? How long is your BBL? 6.5-06AI takes ~60 grains of powder, so I wonder what it takes to go almost that fast with only 43 grains????

Just six months ago I bought an Accuguard in 6.5-300 Wby. Sure; it's heavier, longer, and yesterday's flavor, but the advent of the RPM does not leave me with buyer's remorse. I bought the 6.5-300 due to my nonsensical pursuit of 3200 fps with 140 gr bullets. The 6.5-300 delivers this with plenty of room to work up to find a node. Right out of the box, with factory ammo, the Accuguard is shooting around .75 at 100. I'm happy as a clam and I don't think I'll mind the extra 2 or 3 pounds since I have so much confidence in the cartridge and the rifle.
I was getting 3200 with the 140-SMK way back in the '60s! I would think that improvements in propellant technology would make it easier to get that speed with even heavier slugs??? Have you seen the new Berger 156s???

The 284 Win. case should have been further developed long ago, before they came out with hordes of belted Magnums.
The .284 Win is a second rate cartridge for most of the guns that chamber it. The Rebated rim does not support the head against the bolt face as well as a full diameter type cartridge unless the bolt is precisely fitted. Expensive custom guns that mostly only shoot well with one or two bullet weights/types, who needs them? How does it shoot in a Model 70 out of the K-Mart? I think the weak bolt combined with the weak cartridge are why they did not shoot that well when they were new!

The factory loads for the 6.5 RPM look underrated compared to what it should be capable of. Their 140gr load at 3070fps isn't much ahead of what you can load a 6.5x284 up to. If you look at factory 6.5x284 loads though, they're around 2750-2850. In reality you can add another 150fps to what the factory 6.5x284 ammo is loaded at. Even if you can gain 100fps with handloads over factory in the RPM, that's 3170fps with a 140gr bullet. That's .264 Win Mag territory from the 6.5 RPM!
I've owned two .264s and they never came close to 3200FPS! It took a 40X in 6.5-300 with a 28" BBL to get 3200 true.

Coyote Hunter, you can do all that for $469? I can & will download but it's like horsepower, you don't have to use it most of the time but it's nice when you need it. I like the 6.5x55, 45/70, 450 Marlin, 308 & have 3 338 Lapua mags I can load for $1 a rd. I shoot mainly 22lr, have a range here on the farm & shoot 10-20,000+ rds a year. Started for honing my ELR skills & got hooked. We're shooting golf balls at 300 yards & moving back to 400 yards. If you can master 22 rimfire ELR, CF is easy.
That is my kind of guy! I buy .22LR by the 5000 round case from any of the On-line stores and go through 2-4 cases a year even though I only shoot once a week at the club! And they will not let me try .22LR on our 500 Meter range!