BoatTail

Does anyone know if the Weatherby 6.5 RPM brass is available yet? Has anyone thought about opening up the case to 7 mm just like they did with the 264 Winchester Mag and 7 mm Remington mag? Both the 6.5 and the 7 mm would be sweet cartridges.

Seen some brass for sale on weatherby web site a couple weeks ago. Also do a search for 7mm-6.5 weatherby rpm and should see a reamer on yahoo. I would like it necked down to .257!

Does anyone know if the Weatherby 6.5 RPM brass is available yet? Has anyone thought about opening up the case to 7 mm just like they did with the 264 Winchester Mag and 7 mm Remington mag? Both the 6.5 and the 7 mm would be sweet cartridges.
Yes, much more interested in 7mm rpm.
Brass, ammo and rifles are starting to pop up.
Ptg has a reamer

The "long" moniker wasn't my idea. Some wildcatters used a 6 BR reamer and plunged it approximately 1/2" deeper to make a 6 BR "long" which is actually a 243 with a 6 BR shoulder and neck with less body taper. Called the 6mm BRK.

I did the same thing with a 30 BR reamer making a 308 with 30 BR making a 30 BR "long".

The RPM case is interesting because of the shoulder angle minimal body taper and its rebated rim with standard bolt face diameter of .473". I would bet a 284 reamer could be used cutting deeper and headspacing on the longer case.

Sure Rich, any name anyone wants as long as we can get the brass at reasonable prices and it is available. Was just saying the long bit because it IS a 284 win case that is stretched.

I have a contact with a major brass manufacturer who is looking to see what the market may be for the RPM. Let me know what you might be willing to purchase to see if they may be willing to make a run.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.