• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Weatherby 300WSM Value Question

Buckys

I am considering selling my Weatherby Vanguard Sub-MOA in 300WSM. Per the pics, it is stainless steel and came with an upgraded stock and factory action bedding. The bottom metal is also etched "Sub MOA". It came shipped from the factory with test target attached here which shows better-than-MOA using 180gr ammunition.

The original trigger has been replaced with a Timney.

Blued versions with original trigger appear to sell on Gunbroker ~$700 give or take.

Opinions on value?

Some FYI ... This might be considered the predecessor to the Vanguard-2 "Range Certified".

Attachments

• 20200621_142359.jpg
    20200621_142359.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 20200621_142421.jpg
    20200621_142421.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 20200621_142501.jpg
    20200621_142501.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 20200925_183805.jpg
    20200925_183805.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 205
I am considering selling my Weatherby Vanguard Sub-MOA in 300WSM. Per the pics, it is stainless steel and came with an upgraded stock and factory action bedding. The bottom metal is also etched "Sub MOA". It came shipped from the factory with test target attached here which shows better-than-MOA using 180gr ammunition.

Blued versions with original trigger appear to sell on Gunbroker ~$700 give or take.

Opinions on value?

Some FYI ... This might be considered the predecessor to the Vanguard-2 "Range Certified".

I know a few respected LRH members here that starts at 80% of what they originally paid for the rifle and go from there. If it is priced to sell, it will not last long and most LRH buyers know a bargain when they see one. I recently purchased a used rifle with very low round count. It was $1000-1200 new and got it for $600 and it came with a stock worth $200-250.

Looks like a very nice rifle. Good luck with your sale.

Thanks ... Original price was $950 so $825 seems reasonable given half value of Timney upgrade?

Good point. Purchased 2009, round count ~200 (I have about 100 rounds spent brass so I'm being conservative as I keep 98% of my brass minus a few ejections that my old eyes could not find).

Feenix, appreciate the advice.

if you're interested in a trade, I have a Weatherby Vanguard deluxe in 300 wby mag that groups well under an inch,. If you're interested, I'll be happy to send you some pictures.

Thanks for the offer. I am getting old enough that it is unlikely that I will be hunting somewhere anytime soon where I would need a 300 magnum which is why I'm selling - it is not getting used and more gun than I need in Texas. I decided to replace my 300wm Sendero (already sold) and this rifle and replace them with 270wsm, 280ai, 7wsm, etc. which is plenty of rifle for my needs.

I do have once fired brass from factory ammo that has been deprimed but not yet cleaned, resized, etc. as I do not have dies.

I also have a variety of ammo to sell in both 300wm and 300wsm but obviously I have no way to ship that.

I also have a variety of ammo to sell in both 300wm and 300wsm but obviously I have no way to ship that.
Ammo can be shipped by UPS and FedEx if you put an ORM-D sticker on it.
I found an ORM-D picture online, printed it, and taped it onto a box to ship. Worked fine.

Do you still have the original box for the rifle?

Thanks for the tip and, yes, I have the original box, factory test target, manual, trigger lock.

I also have the factory trigger (to be found, verified).

It will come with the 1" rings it is wearing.

My ammo box for 300wsm (I have once fired brass from this action as well):

20200925_115713.jpg

Opinions on value?

The value of 700.00 is about accurate...I bought 3 for my sons in 2016. 300 Weatherby Mag. Could ask a little more due to trigger....maybe and if it came with the hard case and scope from Weatherby mine did! Good luck.

Thanks for the tip and, yes, I have the original box, factory test target, manual, trigger lock.

I also have the factory trigger (to be found, verified).

It will come with the 1" rings it is wearing.

My ammo box for 300wsm (I have once fired brass from this action as well):

View attachment 216179
Sir, do you have a favorite ammo in that assortment. Which was the most accurate?

Thanks for the advice.

I found that it is capable of the accuracy demonstrated on the test target using a variety of 180 gr ammunition.

I don't consider myself to be a great shooter but on my better days, I did better than the factory target but no better than ~0.5-0.7" at 100 yards.

Recent Posts