Weatherby 20 MOA base?

Three to check out.
Ken Farrel- this is the one i purchased. Had to ahev the gun smith fit it when it arrived. It was about .001 too long and hit the bolt when closing. Had the gunsmith mill the end off to fit.

Near Manafacturing--They were expensive but great quality i hear.
Seekings rings and Bases--When I puchased mine he did not have a pattern made yet. If he did I would have purchased his.

I hear they are the same as a Rem action aswell. Might want to check the hole spacing on all 4 holes before purchasing.

Cody

I just purchased a 25moa Picatinny base for a Rem. 700 in .300WM from Evolution Gun Works (EGW) at www.egw-guns.com . The fit was the best I have seen so far, with a very good selection. Price is right at $40.00

In my experience using Rem 700 bases on a Mark 5 action needs about a .020" shim in the rear to get the elevation right. Using the proper Weatherby bases will avoid this. Near makes the best one piece base. I use Leupold double dovetail bases with Burris Signature rings. I used the offset inserts to get 20 MOA in my mounts. At 100 yards I am one turn from all the way down on my elevation with 4 to 5 turns left for elevation. At 1000 yards I am in the middle of my adjustment on my 8.5-25x50 VX-III.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.