Weather Data for kyrgyzstan in Nov

avon7

I know this is a long shot but has anyone got Air Pressure, Altitude and Temperature data for an Ibex hunt in November they can share?
The reason is I'm wanting to get a site turret tape made up prior to my trip.
I think 12000' feet is a safe bet and -2 degrees Celcius for daylight temperatures. Just wondering on what the air pressure typically would be.
I will be taking my Kestrel with me on the trip and will be falling back to using that and dialling the scope if I have to. Id prefer to have a site tape that works though hence the need for the weather data in advance...

No way I would risk a hunt like that to turret tape. Get a legit weather station/ballistic calculator and use a regular turret. I use a Garmin 701 AB and it's been great for all of my shooting and hunting for years. It's a little expensive, but it's worth every penny to me.

WeiserBucks has good advice. Another option would be something like a Sig Kilo 2400ABS. That's what I used on my trip to Kyrgyzstan and it worked great. The issue with trying to get the information your looking for is the remoteness of where you'll hunt. Most of the good data is in larger city's like Bishkek and it's much different than where you'll be hunting. The closest representation of the weather I could find was Naryn.

I have to agree with WB. With todays tools the "custom" turret is obsolete. It may be a cheaper option for those who can not afford the tools but this type of hunt is far too expensive to not have the correct tools for the job.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts