Weaterby Vanguard 2 piece base

gohring3006

I picked up my Vangaurd .300 Weatherby yesterday, and I have a question about the bases that came with it. They look offset to me, the rear base is higher than the front. For some reason my phone is not letting post pics anymore, it always has but it quit for some reason. Anyway is this normal for the Vanguard? The scope is visually angled, luckily I use Burris Sig Zee rings so no damage.

Reminds me of the mounting holes on my 1st Savage 111 LRH.
I had to use Burris zee rings also.

I had good luck bedding 2 piece bases on a 700. I shimmed the rear base 20moa and used a picatinny riser mount as a jig to align the bases as the Devon cured. I drilled additional holes in the riser so I could tighten the 2 piece bases easily during bedding.

Reminds me of the mounting holes on my 1st Savage 111 LRH.
I had to use Burris zee rings also.

I had good luck bedding 2 piece bases on a 700. I shimmed the rear base 20moa and used a picatinny riser mount as a jig to align the bases as the Devon cured. I drilled additional holes in the riser so I could tighten the 2 piece bases easily during bedding.
Luckily its not a problem with the action holes. I checked the numbers on the bases, and after looking online at other vanguards, the bases are correct. Its a optical illusion with the angle of the bottom of the stock, (I guess)....hahaha

Luckily its not a problem with the action holes. I checked the numbers on the bases, and after looking online at other vanguards, the bases are correct. Its a optical illusion with the angle of the bottom of the stock, (I guess)....hahaha
You got there before I could say....

with 4 vanguards, it's probably an optical illusion.

Though now I use EGW 20 MOA rails on pretty much everything.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.