We had horse shot this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

300winnie

Just found out that my father-in-law had one of his prize horses shot within the last two days. Looks like the "trophy" hunter made a great one shot kill right behind the shoulder.
This incident occurred between late dusk on Tuesday the 16th and the late afternoon of Thursday the 18th. It happened on the cutoff road that connects the Taylor Mountain road and the Wolverine Canyon road in Bingham County Idaho, Hunting Unit 69.

If anyone has any information on this crime, please p.m. me so that we can get some resolution on this.

I hope you find out who did this. I will keep bumping this thread for you. I hate people who do this type of crap!!

P44

I saw the interviews on channel 3(?), thats really sad. Hopefully the paint jobs you guys did on the rest will make a difference. This kind of behavior makes all of us look bad. I have traveled and enjoyed those "roads" for the past forty years, just wish I had a name to give you!

I hope that whoever it was is caught.

Craig Dodd,
in Idaho Falls

Bumping to the top. We need to keep this up. Someone out there will see this, and they might know the idiot who did this.

Every year I hear about stuff like this, and time year I feel sick to my stomach. I am so sorry this happened. The ranch I hunt on had one of thier dogs shot through the top of the head (at an angle you had to be standing over the dog) several years ago. The dog survived, but WHY??? The only threat this dog gave was beating you to death with its tail. Another ranch is now closed because someone mistakenly shot a 2000# charlei (white) bull for a 120# whitetail doe. And then there is the infamouse guy who shot, field dressed, tagged, loaded, and delivered to a butcher shop some farmers llama.

Again, I'm sorry for what happened and I sure hope they catch/find the @$$hole and string him up.

I agree with Patriot44, you'll need to catch criminels like that otherwise you'll end with a situation similar to the one we have already here in Europe. The anti-hunting people will use such issues successfully to discriminate the whole hunting community.
Believe me, if people see it often enough on TV, they will start to believe all hunters are like that.

Best regards,

Marc

I read somewhere that some farmer had resorted to painting the work "COW" in bright red/orange letters on both sides of his animals so as just to avoid this sort of thing. Sorry it happened to you.

Uhhh....... I said, I was sorry about the Llama. They said White Tails look different than Blacktails and would by much bigger. You have to admit it was a good shot though. It went down like a sack of spuds. Just joking..

Shooting livestock is criminal. Did the Police recover a bullet or get any vehicle tracks? That's what they do here when they can. Then they have solid proof when the book them.

Lets keep bumping this guys. I gurantee someone out there will here about this. Lets do our part and keep this thread on top!

P44

Winnie,

T'weren't me, I'm still w/ BB up on the North Fork.

I know the location and I may have even seen the horses earlier this year.

I hate this kind of stuff.

If I can help let me know.

I'll keep an eye out for 'em.

Thanks for all the concern...unfortunately all we have at this point is a bullet that the Dept. of Fish and Game dug out for evidence. No one making an honest mistake has fessed up...so I am starting to lean pretty hard to an intentional misdeed.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive...sooner or later someone will get liquored up and start talking and if enough people know about it we will get the sorry sacks.

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.