Way too compressed

Gord0

20180803_080953.jpg

Hodgdon does list this as a max compressed load of CFE BLK for a flat base bullet... That was after running it through a 6" drop tube which got me a little more room. Also tried 3 brands of brass. I'm becoming convinced that you can't put too much of this powder behind any bullet...

View attachment 102710
Hodgdon does list this as a max compressed load of CFE BLK for a flat base bullet... That was after running it through a 6" drop tube which got me a little more room. Also tried 3 brands of brass. I'm becoming convinced that you can't put too much of this powder behind any bullet...

what is the charge weight in the picture ? 23 for a 115 ?

23.7 with a 110 vmax. I'm not loading a vmax. I'm experimenting with a load combination not listed anywhere.

View attachment 102710

I experienced similar with my .375AI! Only, imagine the powder a little closer to the rim, and then seating a Barnes 270 TSX! If you seated the bullet a little too quickly....the case would bulge! Went to a little faster powder! How do you say "COMPRESSED"? memtb

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.