Waterbuck of a lifetime

Ernie

SPONSOR
Waterbuck of a lifetime. Double kneeling off of Bog Gear. Tried both prone and sitting, but there was too many limbs in the way. Even with double kneeling I had to thread the needle so to speak. Relatively short shot at 176 yards I think (Could be 167). One shot and 40 yards later he was done. Thanks to Thinus En Sanet Steyn (Big Water Safaris) and Philip! Had a hunting/shooting buddy with me too, Todd Fischer. Another very good friend, Darrell Holland had hunted with me on my first day. 7mm Dakota XP-100/180 Grain Berger. It will be measured tomorrow. He weighed 750 pounds.

Thinus says he never tapes/measures horns, but he wanted to know on this one.
Horn length 29.5" and 30". Bases both 10". Green score SCI 79.5"

That's a beautiful Trophy for sure! Nice shooting too Ernie! Although I wasn't a fan of the meat for table fare, did you eat any of it while you were there?
I didn't eat Waterbuck while I was there, but all of the meats we did eat I enjoyed them. We had at least one different type of wild game per day

Beautiful! Did you have any trouble transporting the XP-100? I've always been curious if there would be problems getting a SP through customs in some countries.

Nice! I wish I would have taken one while I was over there. I guess I will have to go back.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.